I get that it's a beauty pageant or is that "scholarship program"(?) (think Miss Congeniality) but must these young women pose as Playboy bunnies now for their "official" pageant photos? Do they have no dignity? No modesty?
Here's a snippet of an article found in one of our Canadian newspapers tonight:
I find it interesting that in the past, women were de-crowned for these types of photos and yet now the establishment is promoting them. What is with that? Is this really the definition of beauty today? Is this really the way these young women think best to present themselves as intelligent, career women?
The new official photos for this year’s Miss USA contestants have been stirring up controversy for their racy content. The provocative black-and-white photos, themed “Waking Up in Vegas,” feature the pageant hopefuls tarted up in lacy bras and panties, fishnet stockings, animal print, smudged eyeliner and spiky stilettos while rolling around on a mattress.Shot by pageant photographer Fadil Berisha, the women look more like trampy pussycat dolls than classic beauty queens.
I remember my friend's mom saying when we were younger something about boys not needing to buy the cow because girls gave the milk away for free. Apparently these girls feel that promoting these "sleazy" pictures will somehow increase their future aspirations but I ask, as what?! They want to be a Hooter's girl?
I think our world is going to hell in a hand basket fast. Moral integrity is lacking and the fact that soft-porn pictures are promoted in such a program (that will be airing at 7pm) just makes me cringe.
Come Lord Jesus, Come!


3 comments:
I completely agree with you. When I saw those pictures on the Today show yesterday I couldn't believe them. Then they had the girls defending themselves! And they tried to say that these pictures were different from the girls that were de-crowned in the past because these pictures were tasteful! What?? It's just sad!
Well since Donald Trump owns the Miss USA pageant, I'm not surprised. This is the man who said his own daughter was hot and if she wasn't his daughter, he'd date her! Ewww! I also remember the days when the girls had to be "natural." Now they are all coached that they need to have breast implants and other plastic surgery. (((Hugz)))
Hi there! I came to your blog to read the Random Dozen for the week, but when I saw the post below it, I just had to read it too!
You are so right in what you said about the pictures. It really should not surprise you, though, that things have gone this way. It's all about money and upping the ratings for more money.
I work in the school system (high school), and I'll tell you...these kids start young these days. Hence, by the time they are teens and young adults, they are totally desensitized to what used to be considered "over-exposure."
Unfortunately, I believe it will get worse. Oh well, and such it goes, and such it goes.
Have a good one!
Post a Comment