Monday, April 5, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook ~ Week of April 5, 2010

Happy Belated Easter to you all!  I hope you had a wonderful weekend.  We did, but all that news will have to wait until tomorrow because today is Monday and that means it is Simple Woman's Daybook day so... 

FOR TODAY... from Sue's Daybook

Outside my window... all the sunshine from the weekend is gone and the sky is gray and the April Showers are lightly falling

I am thinking... how much I wish there were more waking hours in a day

I am thankful for... Jesus' death and resurrection that brings hope and new life, and forgiveness of my sins.

I am wearing... pink plaid "Snoopy" jammy bottoms, pink tee and slippers.

I am remembering... what Jesus' suffered on the cross for me and I am so very grateful.

I am going... for lunch with my BFF today... to catch up and to get prepped for the end of the week's "Excellent Adventure" looking after my god-daughter, Little Miss H (my BFF's almost 3 yr old)

I am reading... My Bible, and "Where Do I Go?" by Neta Jackson.  I'm also reading my bible studies: one in Revelation and Beth Moore's "Esther".

I am hearing... the quiet sounds of home... the fridge fan, the whir of my computer and the hum of the PVR.

I am hoping... for energy to get through all I have planned this week.

I need... to lose weight!!  Darn that sweet tooth!

On my mind... too many things to mention.

From the learning rooms... from reading Revelation, I sure don't want to be around when those trumpets are blown.  The plagues and destruction look terrifying.

Noticing that... a lot of my favorite Spring/Summer clothes are snug.   

Pondering these words... He is Risen!  He is Risen, indeed!

From the kitchen... on the counter are the hot cross buns my sister sent home with The Nephew for us.  If I work out this morning, do you think I can have one for breakie??

I am creating... not much of anything these days.

Around the house... laundry, laundry... and more laundry... and then some ironing.  Does it ever end?

One of my favorite things... long weekends with my Hubby!!

A few plans for the rest of the week... lunch with the BFF Mon, visit from Krissy, Sister-in-law#1 & the trips Tue, visit w/ girlfriend Wed, "Little Miss H & Auntie Sue's Excellent Adventure" Thur-Sat, crashing on the weekend!  Oh ya... and laundry, housecleaning and bible reading in there too. 

From my picture journal... 

My front garden and Spring's first blooms!

You can participate in the Simple Woman's Daybook Meme by linking to the site below:

Have a simply beautiful day!




2 comments:

Denise said...

Hi sweetie, I read the new Neta Jackson books and am waiting for the 3rd one later this year (June I think) I love them :) We had a lovely weekend, just Jason's mom came over and I baked a ham, Papa is still in CA and will be home next week, then next weekend we'll celebrate her birthday :)
Trying to catch up on housework today.
xxxx

Judy said...

Hi Sue! What a sweet post. So did you end up having just '1' of those buns??? I know me - I would have had my fill & thought "I'll start tomorrow!" :-) My 'buns' certainly don't need 'those' buns though. :-) Love you Sue - sending BIG hugs!