As the weather outside slowly begins to warm, and my spring blossoms begin to poke through the ground... perhaps it's time for "Spring" to bloom in my creative brain. I need to schedule myself to sit and write something... heck, anything... every day so that I can figure out what it is exactly God wanted me to do with that two-year course I've finished. I know He's given me a love for words... now I just have to DO something with it! So... to take "baby steps" (think Bill Murray in "What About Bob" ... which we watched while at the Beach)... here's this week's "chick" filled Random Dozen, thanks to Linda at 2nd Cup of Coffee:

1. How do you feel about the marshmallow Easter Peeps? Um... not a big fan.
2. Chickens are notoriously nervous creatures. When you are nervous, what is the best way to calm down? Pray! I need to just give it to God for Him to calm me down with His peace.
3. People say, "April showers bring May flowers." Do you enjoy Spring rains? Yes and No. I love them sometimes, especially in years where we got a lot of snow (which wasn't this year). They seem to wash away the dirt and grime of winter and bring about a fresh, green look and smell in the air. I don't enjoy them if they are constant and every day. I need sunshine and lots of it!
4. When I was randomly flipping through TV channels this week, I saw a show in which tattoo parlor employees received tattoos of a co-worker's face on their bodies. I can't imagine having a portrait of a colleague tattooed on me. But if someone forced you to receive a portrait tattoo (face only) of anyone, who would it be? Why? If I was FORCED to have a tattoo of someone's face I wouldn't even begin to know whose face. My first thought is Jesus but seriously... does anyone know what He looks like? We can guess but we won't know until Heaven. So... my hubby? My mom? lol I'd rather hide in a closet and be whipped with a wet noodle before being forced to get a tattoo.
5. Would you rather have a tattoo (any kind) or a nose ring? Nose ring. I tell my niblings that if I had children I would let them pierce anything they want because piercing grows back in, but a tat is forever, even when you change your mind later.
6. Do you have any special plans for Easter? Hubby and I are hosting Easter Dinner for his family on Good Friday.
7. Cadbury Eggs or Reese Eggs? Cadbury all the way. It's caramel baby!
8. What was the last thing/person you took a picture of? Gotta check my camera... My niece and I making silly faces in the camera on our last night in Raleigh last week.
9. What book are you reading now, or what was the last one? I just finished yesterday Karen Kingsbury's "Take Three" that just came out a week ago!
10. What do you think is the most difficult task when it comes to Spring cleaning? Washing the windows. Gotta take them out and in some cases, hang out the 2nd story window trying to reach the far corner.
11. How many pairs of flip-flops do you own? I have I think 3 pairs (since they are only summer footwear up here in the North). I have found that they are horrific for my feet so I have to limit how often and where I wear them now. By the end of summer sometimes I can barely walk they hurt my feet so badly. Darn that sprained ankle a couple years ago!
12. Which color makes you happiest? Pastels - pink, granny smith green, yellow.
So now it's your turn. Wanna join in the fun? Head on over to 2nd Cup of Coffee and join in!


4 comments:
Hi sweetie, I think we all go through phases when we don't want to blog, especially as the weather warms up and it's nice to play outside;) I'm out in the garden alot these days. Just got some mulch to put down on the flower beds out front.
xxxx
OH Sue, how I've missed you! I figured you were busy what with all of your traveling and all:) But I've missed your blog posts! This time of the year the thing that gets me all excited is to decorate the house for spring! Maybe you should try that and it will give you inspiration to write! Unfortunately all of my spring decorations and egg trees and wreath are all still in their bins this year. They will have to wait till next year! Too much packing to do!
Hello Sue, it's good to read you again. I'm glad I could read you on Facebook & I have discovered that I can follow you on Twitter too : ) I can imagine why you're tired, vacations can be tiring & the change of season & time don't help. I hope you get back in shape very soon, big hugs
Hi Sue! So glad to find a new post today! I think it's normal to hit a dry spot in blogging (or anything for that matter). Just forge through it girl, cause I miss reading you! I'm with you - CADBURY all the way! Oooooh - I love them, & wish I had one right now. Love you Sue! Hugs
Post a Comment