Thursday, April 29, 2010

Random Dozen Delayed

Yep... normally Random Dozen is done for Wednesday but well, this week has been quite a week.  It all began on Monday night after dinner.  All of a sudden, out of nowhere, came this sore throat.  It started on the left side of my throat and by bed time had moved to the center.  Tuesday morning it had moved again,this time to the right before settling in all over.  Pain in my ears.  Dull headache.  Yuck.  Getting sick!

By Tuesday night I began to feel like I was part of the circus... the knife swallowing act.  Every swallow I took was excruciating.  Slight fever.  Thinking I'd felt this before.  Guessing strep!

Wednesday morning... the worst.  I didn't even want to swallow.  Didn't want to talk.  Nothing.  All I wanted was sweet relief.  I journeyed to the nearest walk-in clinic, sat in the waiting room for an hour and then left rejoicing in the glorious piece of paper in my hand... my prescription that would take this sore throat away!  I popped my first pill when I got home and by this afternoon my sore throat is almost history.  Sorry to say... but I LOVE DRUGS!  (The legal kind of course!)

I've slept a good portion of this week realizing that being unconscious is much easier than being awake with such a throat.  Obviously I've needed the rest too because no other time can I sleep for 10 or 11 hours.  With that though I've missed a lot.  I missed getting out and about, missed my last morning of the Esther/Beth Moore bible study at Abide (ladies' group) and missed my weekly Memes.

But... it's only Thursday, one day late for Random Dozen so... here we go!  Thanks as always to Linda at 2nd Cup of Coffee for bringing this entertaining excitement to our week!





1. Have you ever been so lost that you were really afraid?  I would say... yes, sort of... one time Hubby and I were following the GPS through the mountains of central California.  I knew we should make this one turn, but instead we chose to follow the GPS and next thing we knew we were on this deserted twisty road and the gas tank almost on empty.  We were afraid we'd run out of gas on this lonely road and we actually were afraid... praying our faces off!  Obviously, we survived ;-)

2. Have you ever been to an island?  Yep.  Our honeymoon was on the island of Aruba, but before then I'd been to the Dominican Republic in my mid-20's, and technically... aren't all continents islands??

3. Are you more of a thinker or feeler?  FEELER!!

4. Do you tend to see issues or situations in life as black and white or shades of gray?  It really depends on the issues.  Some things are total black/white issues that shouldn't be seen as gray, but the non-essentials I can tend to be more of a shades of gray person.  Did that make any sense?  (If not... I'm blaming the medication!)

5. If you were stuck on an island, what book would you hope to have with you (Let's pretend the Bible is already there, so you can't say that.) I'd have my Sony Reader (which is technically a book) and I'd have it FULL of my favorite authors, both fiction and non-fiction.

6. What are you most afraid of?  Hmm... if I allow myself to go there, my biggest fear is Hubby dying and leaving me all alone.

7. Would you rather lose all of your old memories or never be able to make new ones?  Wow.  Great question.  I'm very sentimental so I'd probably say I'd rather not be able to make new ones because I LOVE reminiscing about the "good ole days"

8. Pretend I'm looking at a scrapbook page about you. There are three spaces for you to drop in individual pictures. What are those pictures of, and why did you select them?  Sheesh... another hard question.  Um... Definitely a pic of me with Hubby, most likely at the beach... my most favorite person at my most favorite place.  Another would be um... a pic of me with family cuz next to Hubby they are the most important thing and a third picture... hmm... Hubby & me with "the boys" most likely at some travel place we've been cuz it's always good to have a "family photo".

9. If you were re-doing your wedding, what would you do differently? (If you're single, tell me one thing you would do if you were planning a wedding OR huge party.)  If I were re-doing my wedding I would get a better photographer.  We cheaped out on ours and it has always been my one big regret.  I'd love to re-do my wedding just so I can do it all over again with my Hubby.

10. Tell me one thing you know/believe about forgiveness.  Forgiveness is essential for inner peace.  When we let someone off our hook and forgive, we take the weight off ourselves and it frees us.

11. You're waiting in a doctor's office. What is your favorite way to pass that time?  Well, this was me yesterday and what I did was read a book on my iTouch (Kobo application).  Totally made the hour go quickly!

12. If there were a clone of you in a parallel universe what is one way you hope she/he would be the same as you and one way you hope she/he would be better?  I would wish my clone were more Type A and focused but I would hope she was just as friendly and fun.  (I hope that doesn't sound conceited).



So there you have it.  This week's Random Dozen.  Go on... play yourself!!

1 comment:

Judy said...

Hi Sue! Hope you are feeling much better now. Well..I guess you are, since you got your 'drugs'. I do not like drugs...will do ANYTHING to avoid taking them. As you know me by now - I always elect to go the natural route.

LOVED your random thoughts...some very thought provoking questions. Sure miss you girl - hope to see you around sometime. Hugs!