It can't possibly be Friday already? It feels like just yesterday I was laying down for my 4-hour nap after church on Sunday. Whoa. Talk about feeling like life is whipping by in lightening speed!
This morning I spent time sweeping and rearranging the patio. So far, we've decided to NOT put up our table and umbrella, since we hardly ever ate out there. Instead, we just have the chairs and lounger arranged in a "conversational" style. Eventually we'd like to make it more of a "living room" outdoor space with one of those nice patio sets with the loveseat/chairs/coffee tables, but with new appliances, unless we win the lottery (and one must buy a ticket to win, which we don't) that furniture will remain a dream for awhile. Here's a pic I took this morning of our garden and sitting area.
I had a few errands to run around lunch time and called to make a hair appointment. To my surprise, Margie, my hairdresser had a 1 o'clock opening, so off I ran from the bank to home for a quick bite of lunch, and then off for a trim. I love my hairdresser. She reminds me of someone I'd want to be friends with. I never feel uncomfortable or out of place or "unhip" like I've felt at other places in the past. Hubby had no idea I was getting my hair done but he's good... first thing he noticed when he walked in the door from work!
Tonight we're going to head to the movies I think. Probably catch the new Jennifer Lopez movie. The reviews (by fellow viewers and NOT critics) said it's pretty LOL funny. Sounds like fun! I'll let you know what it's like later!
1. Where are my glasses?... I'm forever misplacing them with these over-40 eyes.
2. If wishes were horses then I'd be afraid to wish since I'm afraid of horses.
3. I'd like to see the Jennifer Lopez movie tonight... which we're planning to do!
4. When I was a teen, I thought 25 was old. Geesh... I must have thought the 40's you were near death - hee hee.
5. One of my mother's favorite sayings was "for Pete's sake" to which we'd ask her "Who's Pete?" But her FAVORITE saying was from Scripture: "This is the day the Lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad in it"!
6. I'd have a hard time doing without my internet connection... it would feel like being taken off life support. Is that wrong??
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to date night with Hubby, tomorrow my plans include a birthday party for 1 yr old Baby C (who'll soon not be a "Baby") and Sunday, I want to be at Baby C's dedication at church!
Okay... now it's your turn to play Friday Fill-ins!



3 comments:
Love your new fridge, I can see us 3 :-)
Like your sitting area too. No time for sitting for me today, gotta finish painting Kristen's room! Sometimes I wish I'd never started these things.
Have a lovely Sunday
xxxx
Friday fill me sounds oober fun!
Sue, I wanted to thank you for being a part of my first year of blogging! What a wonderful year it has been. I'm throwing a little party and as an honored guest, I would love for you to stop by and share a highlight of your year with all of us.
http://justsarahdawn.blogspot.com/2010/04/cactus-happy.html
Cactus Happy,
Sara
Hi Sue! Love your patio area - wish I could sit there & have a real glass of lemonade!
Did you see the movie? I saw her interview on Regis & Kelly - it looked quite good.
I had to smile at your fill-ins. I remember when Mike & I got married at 17, an 'older' couple with kids had us over. They were asking about our families, & asked how old Mike's parents were. I said "They're pretty old. I think they are about 36." She laughed & said "How old do you think we are?" I had no idea, & she said that they were 40. I was so embarrassed, & to this day, cannot believe that I honestly thought 36 was old!!! :-) Wow - to be that 'old' again! Sending you big hugs Sue!
Post a Comment