FOR TODAY... from Sue's Daybook (moved from it's own blog to a new Monday Meme here at the lemonade stand)
Outside my window... the sun is trying to shine but brrrr it's still cold!
I am thinking... that I am really going to miss having "baby duty" this week, although while I'm still working I need to slow down my pace a bit and maybe help every other week until I finish work at the end of this month.
I am thankful for... the wonderful weekend with Krissy, the babies and family at the baby shower.
I am wearing... brown cords, white long-sleeve tee, green cotton pullover.
I am remembering... the look on Krissy's face when she opened the baby gift from Dad and Gelene - sweaters my Mom had knit before she died 6 years ago. On her deathbed she told me she had sweaters in her hope chest for me and my baby (that never came) and I told her I would save them until menopause and then I'd be giving them away (to my niblings as need be). The whole room broke out in tears at the shower and I felt bad but I knew how special that moment was for Krissy too.
I am going... to work, although I'd much rather be home sleeping.
I am reading... My Bible, and A Very Special Delivery on my Sony Reader.
I am hearing... Regis and Kelly on the t.v.
I am hoping... work goes quickly today because I am pooped!
I need... get back to exercising on my Wii ~ was too busy last week to keep it up.
On my mind... finding the time to book my mammogram and blood work after my physical last Thursday.
From the learning rooms... God's providence is no coincidence.
Noticing that... the fact that women with children can function at all is a sheer miracle. How do/did you do it with such little sleep? I do one night a week and I'm bagged!
Pondering these words... from Psalm 18:29 ~ "In God's strength we can crush an army; with our God, we can scale any wall". Great is our God!!
From the kitchen... my tea for work is waiting for me in my travel mug.
I am creating... nothing at the moment now that my baby gifts have been given. Keep reading to "see" the end results.
Around the house... I need to do laundry again!
One of my favorite things... spending time with my family. I wish I lived closer :-(
A few plans for the rest of the week... work, rest, ladies' group, booking mammogram & getting my blood work done
From my picture journal...
The baby gifts I'd been working on since September for the triplets
You can participate in the Simple Woman's Daybook Meme by linking to the site below:
Have a simply beautiful day!




5 comments:
Wow Sue what lovely little sweaters. They are precious, as I am sure the ones you mom made were too. I cried when I read Krissy's reaction to your mom's handiwork of love.
Hope you get a chance to slow down some. Have a super week sweetie.
Love ya,
Cindy
Love the little sweaters, I think I have that same pattern booklet, the sweaters look so familiar :) I've never knit them though.
I'm working on another lace shawl, loving it :)
Those sweaters are so cute. I hope you have a great night at work. I can only imagine the look on Krissy's face when she opened that gift. Wow how special.
Those sweaters are great Sue! I like the idea of doing the Mon Meme at my own blog. Then I would have to think of what to do with the blog I have now. Have a great week. Hugs
The sweaters are adorable! They look so snuggly and soft. I, too, am in awe of mothers - esp. mothers who find time to write on top of their motherly duties. Amazing women!
Post a Comment