FOR TODAY... from Sue's Daybook (moved from it's own blog to a new Monday Meme here at the lemonade stand)
Outside my window... a rather "blah" looking gray day but at least no snow... yet.
I am thinking... I have never felt more proud to be Canadian than I have this week watching our country host the world in Vancouver. I had chills (and tears) watching the Opening Ceremonies.
I am thankful for... my Hubby's safe arrival last night on his business trip after an emergency return to the Toronto airport after 30 mins in the air.
I am wearing... brown cords, white long-sleeve "tee" and red Tommy pullover.
I am remembering... that I have laundry that I pulled from the dryer that needs to be folded.
I am going... to watch The Bachelor tonight, even though I know the ending already which has actually been helpful as I haven't allowed myself to get too emotionally invested this time.
I am reading... My Bible, and "A Time to Gather" by Sally John and Gary Smalley.
I am hearing... classical music on the radio.
I am hoping... the week goes well for Hubby while he's away on business!
I need... to grocery shop - my fridge is looking like Mother Hubbard's cupboard.
On my mind... wondering if Canada will win anymore medals today after last night's big GOLD!
From the learning rooms... The story of Esther in the Bible was the first true season of "The Bachelor". If you don't know what I mean... go read Esther 2.
Noticing that... taking my regular vitamins is really helping me not feel so "old" in the joints.
Pondering these words... Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance. (I Corinthians 13:5-7)
From the kitchen... silence... especially with Hubby and the Nephew away.
I am creating... a grocery list for tomorrow's shopping.
Around the house... most of the day you can hear the t.v. with coverage of the Olympics on CTV.
One of my favorite things... telling my hubby how much he means to me... on Valentine's Day and EVERYDAY!
A few plans for the rest of the week... laundry, ironing, work, bible studies, planning Spring vacation for Hubby & I... and picking him up at the airport Thursday night - WOOHOO!!
From my picture journal...
Canada's First Olympic Gold on Home Turf!!
Congratulations Alexandre Bilodeau!
You can participate in the Simple Woman's Daybook Meme by linking to the site below:
Have a simply beautiful day!




3 comments:
Hi Sue, glad to hear that Doug made his destination after the "hiccup" in his flight.
Sounds like you have a busy week planned. I have quiet a bit on my schedule too.
I am planning on watching The Bachelor tonight. I don't know the ending, but not real happy with who all is left. As much as I liked Jake, I am disappointed in the girls he has chosen.
Hope you have a terrific and blessed with with hubby away.
Hugs,
Cindy
Very cute blog! I would love a glass of lemonade. I can totally realate to your life's destination. We are a family of just two and now trying to adjust to that thinking. What a great thought:) I will take my lemons and start making lemonade also. thanks for sharing. I am now a follower.
I kind of agree about the bachelor...I'm not too invested since I know the ending but it's not nearly as much fun to watch.
I'm loving the Olympics...loved the sweet story of Alexandre Bilodeau and his brother...we're not Canadian but it was fun to see him win. Thats the great thing about the Olympics I think.
Post a Comment