Saturday was the big day when I FINALLY met the triplets! I had been out earlier in the afternoon with my niece, "S" and my nephew's girlfriend, "K" to the movies and we were stopping in at Krissy & Paul's for a "brief" visit to drop a couple things off.
We arrived around 4pm and as I peeked around the corner to the playpen where the three little darlings lay, Krissy asked "Who do you want first, Aunt Sue?" Hmm... how does one pick which triplet to meet first?
Joshua, Emma and Teddy
I did the only thing I could think of being the "fair" auntie that I am... I "eeny, meany-ed" my way and Joshua came up the winner. He was so light and tiny... and perfect.
Auntie Sue holding Joshie
Man... God sure can knit amazingly well! The babies have been feeding well and have grown almost 3 lbs since birth. Pretty good for just over a month old preemies!!
The other girls each took a baby, "S" with Teddy
"S" with Teddy
And "K" held Emma...
"K" with Emma
We fed, burped and changed our respective babies while dishing with Krissy about important issues such as Glee, movies and babies. While changing little Josh I was in awe of the tiny-ness of his little feet.
The tiny foot of Joshua
After he was changed, I passed Joshie off to his Mommy and picked up my camera to take a few shots of these three miracles and their tired folks.
A very happy Mommy and Baby Josh
Proud Papa and his Princess, Emma
Teddy saying "Hey... don't forget me?!"
Well... FIVE hours later... swooning over their beautifulness, I was headed home in Auntie bliss!
One visit wasn't near enough for this great-aunt though. I was back last night to help with my first over-night feeding.
I came home from work yesterday afternoon to nap for what ended up only one hour. Dinner was leftovers for hubby, the nephew and me before I head out after American Idol with my pillow and overnight bag. I got to Krissy's around 10pm and immediately started snapping pictures of my newest niblings. You know we MUST document every moment we're with them. They grow SO fast!
They are SOOOOO beautiful! And I'm Sooooo in love with them!
Sweet Little Joshua
Precious Teddy Bear
Adorable Emma
My first feeding shift was at midnight. Krissy and I stayed up, watching Glee, me feeding Emma, while Mommy fed Josh and Teddy. She's quite good at the two-fisted feeding technique!
Mommy two-fisted feeding her boys
By 1AM it was time for bed after the feeding, diaper change and learning to make my first "baby burrito" (aka swaddling the baby). Krissy slept on the sofa in the living room near the babies, while I was around the corner in the guest room. 4AM came quickly and we were both up ready for the next feeding frenzie of the "trips". At one point during this feeding I thought, "we're making great time" but that quickly came to a halt when poor little Emma spit up all over herself and the playpen, causing Mommy to have to change her and the bedding, while I continued trying to burp her older brother, Teddy.
By 5AM we were back in our respective beds until I awoke at 7:50am where Paul was up getting ready for work. Krissy was still napping on the sofa until Paul, about 10 minutes later, handed her Teddy while Josh and I prepared bottles in the kitchen. Emma slept peacefully in the playpen. Feeding went easily this morning and my baby burrito making improved after each bum change. I'm becoming quite a pro I must say (not really but my confidence is growing and I'm enjoying my taste of what mommyhood is all about!)
Around 10AM Grandma B came and we each held and burped our respective babies. I had Emma and I must admit (and Emma's Grandma is going to hoot that I'm actually fessing up here) I really was having a hard time with the sitting up burping technique both Krissy and her Mom have down pat. At one point instead of tapping Emma's back I was blankly tapping the back of her head! What was I thinking? Talk about sleep-deprived brain... and only after 1 night! I quickly realized I can't do that maneuver so back on my shoulder the little lilac dressed lady went. Hopefully I'll get the hang of the burping thing soon!
My next gig with the "trips" is Monday night. Can't wait. Krissy and I have a date with the Glee kids while we care for her kids! Fun, fun, fun! I'm sure my camera will be snapping up a storm again so stay tuned.













8 comments:
Oh, Sue!!! They are precious and amazing!!!
Oh man!! My ovaries are aching! I LOVE babies and 3?!?! AHHH!!! I bet you were in baby heaven! So sweet that you were able to go and help out and get a nice good dose of BABY! heehee =)
They are sooo cute! I am always in awe of babies and how they are a reminder of the greatness of God. Enjoy your time with them! Keep the pictures coming!
Oh Sue, I loved reading about your wonderful night with your new loves. The babies are truly precious. What a blessing you are and must be for Krissy and Paul. I look forward to reading about your next episodes with the "trips" as you say.
Hope you are finally caught up on your rest. Have a wonderful weekend. Not sure what mine consist of yet, but I know it will be cold. :)
Hugs sweetie.
Cindy
Oh Holy Baby heaven - how sweet are they. I know you just loved being with them and oh my word how much relief and comfort I am sure you are giving one tired Mommy. Could we make arrangements for you to visit when I have my next - hopefully it will only be one but still! Ha ha. Glad you got all that lovin' Hope you've gotten some rest for your next big day!
Love all the pics! The trips are so cute! How fun for you to get to spend so much time with them!! I'm sure you'll be the favorite aunt:) hehe. And Krissy look GREAT for it being midnight and caring for 3 babies!!!
Oh my goodness...i wish I lived nearby. I'd love to get in there and help hold babies. Mom looks great! She's gotta be exhausted but she doesn't look it.
They are just too adorable for words. Have fun!
Wow, how exciting! Beautiful babies. And I'm an Aunt Sue too, (wait until you heat them call your name one day, "Aunt Suuuue", it will melt your heart) not to triplets all at once, but to 9 nieces and nephews on my side!
There's nothing like those itty, bitty baby feet. God's work is amazing!!!
BTW - I'm having a book giveaway contest on my blog. One winner will be picked on Feb. 14th. Stop on by!!!
Post a Comment