Saturday, December 19, 2009

Landed in Toronto with My Feet Running

It has been a whirlwind week I think.  Since my last post on Monday, I have had lunch with an online friend (and one of my favorite authors) in San Jose.  She was fun, funny and just exactly as I had imagined she would be.  Thanks again Kristin for a fun day.  I hope we can do it again if I make it back to San Jose again.

Tuesday we checked out of our San Jose hotel and made our way back up the "Peninsula" as they refer to the west bay side of the Silicon Valley/San Francisco area.  After hubby finished his work on Tuesday (while I saw waiting for him in the lobby), we drove up through Half Moon Bay, and along the shore on Highway 1 into SF.  It was a little hazy so instead of going across the Golden Gate bridge, we decided to drive through the city... and drive down Lombard Street (the crookedest street).  Getting to Lombard and Hyde was a thrill in itself.  The road takes a 45 degree incline with 4-way stops along the way.  CRAZY!

We had our last dinner in California at the Elephant Bar, our new favorite restaurant in the area, then it was back to our original hotel for our last night.  Our flight on Wednesday was delayed at the gate for an hour but we still made it home a little after 10pm, not too worse for wear.

Since I've been home, Christmas prep is  in high gear.  Thursday and Friday were spent running from grocery store, to Wal-mart, a couple other stores, and the bank.  I was piecing together the pieces I will need for next week's Christmas festivities.  We're hosting Christmas dinner at our house on Friday for hubby's family.  I've also gotten most of my wrapping done which makes me happy.

This morning I pulled out the mixer, butter and flour and began my Christmas baking.  Two cookies down... many more to go!  Guess what I'm doing the first of the week?

I still have to finish Baby Joshua's gift.  I'm 2/3 done and hope to get it finished either before Christmas or before the end of the year.  Speaking of Baby Joshua ... and his siblings, Teddy and Emma... they are doing well!  Through the grapevine (my sister in NC) I have heard that they are doing SO well, that they are out of the neonatal intensive care and have actually been transferred to another hospital in their hometown.  God has been so unbelievably faithful to our family!  Thank you again for your continued prayers for these precious little ones!  I'll keep you posted on their progress, or you can use the link at the top right of my blog to go to their website "Quickly Outnumbered".

5 comments:

Abby said...

Sounds like you've been busy!! I hope you got your baking done:)

Lori said...

Hi Sue!! Your Christmas tree looks great!! Merry Christmas!! ((BIG HUGS))!!

~Kacy~ said...

Stopping by to tell you to have a very, MERRY CHRISTMAS my dear! You definitely were in high gear. Shew, I was tired just reading! Talk to you soon my friend!

Kristi Maloney said...

Great blog! I am a new follower. Just visiting from Moms Own Words. Please stopy by! Happy holidays!

Karen said...

I'm glad to read your Christmas was going well. I haven't checked in for a while (Dec. was good but busy - seems to have flashed by in a blink) - but I'm glad to hear about the babies and that they are doing well. I'll check in more often. Happy New Year!