Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Another One of THOSE Days

Will the craziness ever stop around here?  Saturday morning's flight to escapism can't happen soon enough I tell you!

So... on a happy note before I get to the griping... I think I'm the new poster girl for Orthotics!  I picked me up some of those expensive little shoe inserts last Thursday from my chiropractor's office and well... they have CHANGED MY LIFE I tell you!!!  That nagging lower back I've had for months and months and months... GONE!  And as for flexibility... just call me Phoebe (from friends... when she told Chandler that she was "bendy").  I can touch my toes ... almost with my palms on the floor... and THAT hasn't happened for who knows how long!  I tell you... revitalizing!  Those little black inserts have totally made my day... my week... my year (okay... maybe not my year but the way this week is going it feels like it might just do that!)

Now onto the drama!  Ready?  Where do I begin?

So... last week was nuts with having to work 2 evenings which put me behind on a few things.  With Hubby gone for so many weeks too, I think that's sort of getting the better of me as well.  Tonight though... just about took me over the edge.

Last Thursday I spoke with Dell about the accumulating issues with my laptop.  In the summer I was frustrated with spending hours on the phone with the tech guy, only to have him mess my machine up more so I did nothing for months.  That is, until last week when I realized my one-year warranty will be up soon so I'd better get moving on getting this stupid thing fixed.  The guy wanted to ship my laptop away for like 8 days but I said NO!  I need to take my laptop with me when I travel.  Instead, he offered a Dell rep to come to my house (for $50) and fix my laptop asap.  Okay!  I can do that!  So... the guy calls on the weekend to set up a time.  First he says Monday and if not then... Tuesday for sure.  Yesterday he calls after I whip home from work to await his arrival, and says, "Sorry... I be there tomorrow".  Fine!  So today, again I whip home and promptly at 3pm he knocks on my door.  Great, I think, knowing full well that Murphy and his crappy law is lurking somewhere nearby.  The guy takes my computer apart and digs into his little cardboard box.  I hear drilling and plastic crinkling.  An hour later he says, "I come back tomorrow.  This motherboard the wrong one" as he proceeds to show me that he indeed has the wrong motherboard... not the upgraded graphics carded motherboard my hubby had purchased last Christmas.  Sigh.  I knew he'd be coming back.  I politely or as politely as my stressed out self can muster tell him that I am a little nervous.  I'm leaving out of the country on Saturday and plan to take my computer.  He assures me he'll be back tomorrow to fix the problem.  Whatever!  So much for running some much needed errands tomorrow after work.

No sooner does he walk out my front door than the phone rings.  It's Honda.  They are servicing our Civic ... a "big time - $400 maintenance visit" and he proceeds to share with me a long list of "issues" the car needs to have fixed.  The grand total of this additionally needed maintenance is in the $700's which makes me want to break down and cry.  Oh wait... I did that after I hung up.  I told the guy to go ahead with the $12 wiper blade replacements but that I would have to talk with my husband whose out of town and get back to him in the morning.  I hung up and then bawled my eyes out like a baby.  What next?

What next you ask?  Well... the old HP laptop that hubby replaced with this "marvelous" (I really mean piece of crap Dell) decided that it wanted to have a hissy fit too and when I rebooted the computer when Windows asked... it gave me a black screen with a whole whack of white writing and refuses to start Windows.  May I remind that same computer that it worked FINE for me the night before.  Junk I say!

Seriously folks... WHAT is going on here?  When is hubby coming home?  How soon until that escape flight on Saturday?  Will I make it to Saturday or will I commit hairy carry before then?  Okay... don't get excited... I'm just being dramatic.  I'm a Leo.  I'm a baby of the family.  I'm allowed!  The law says so!

What does one do when all they want to do is curl up in the fetal position and wish for morning?  They eat carbs!  Yep... I've been weaning myself off of carbs for over a week (losing 5 lbs lickety split I might add) but I broke down tonight.  E & I ordered pizza.  Mine was thin crust (so I didn't cheat TOO badly) but it was just what this mentally stressed out woman needed tonight.  After pizza and a Diet Coke (trying to wean myself off that too) I grabbed my knitting needles and another Christmas movie again to relax.  At 9pm though I knew I needed a date with the treadmill to ward off those carbs and now here I am... a tiny bit less stressed after all that and a good chat with hubby long-distance along with a time of prayer together.  I almost feel sane again.  Now I hear my squeaky clean bathtub calling me... and my bottle of Bath and Body Works bubble bath.  Calgon... take me away!

5 comments:

Genny said...

You've had a lot going on! Glad your lower back is feeling better, though. :)

Abby said...

I'm glad your "remedy" worked to get you out of the "funk". Some days just feel like the world is crashing around you and it's annoying! I'm glad you have E there to keep you company! I hope you get your computer fixed today. Only 2 more days until your trip!!!

Mikki said...

Oh dear friend. Sounds like you have a lot going on.
It does seem like Satan likes to appear this time of year as forgotten bills, car issues, and so much more. Praying God will provide for you in wonderful ways!!

I need to exercise out my stress too instead of heading to the chocolate..LOL!

Elizabeth said...

Hello Sue, wow this has been such a stressful week, I hope you get things done fast. It's terrible to have two laptops acting up. I hope they are both fixed soon. Dell seems not to be what it used to be but I'm a Mac person so I'm not much into PCs.
How neat to have your lower back better. Do take care, hugs

He & Me + 3 said...

Wow that is alot...sounds like me...I was without my van for a 8 days and 850.00 later I got it back ouch! Thank God it is paid off...
So glad you lower back is doing better who knew those orthotics would be the cure. Hope you enjoyed your relaxing bath.