Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Time for Random Dozen!

Well... I have survived yet another day with the Dell computer service guy coming and messing things up yet again.  Today he replaced the motherboard (which seems to be working fine) but he apparently had done something to something (couldn't understand his accent) and he'll be back again tomorrow to do who knows what!  What I did realize though is that my integrated webcam that he was SUPPOSED to fix, wasn't fixed and so I called the Dell technician online and that guy got my webcam working again.  Sheesh... what is up with the Dell service guy?  Anyhoo... I am MUCH calmer tonight, although I did realize that this stress is messing me up big time.  I found today that I made a number of mistakes at work because my brain isn't working right from all that's going on.

On a positive note, hubby's car is back in the driveway but unfortunately we are hundreds of dollars poorer for it!  I was a good wifey tonight and filled his tank so when I pick him up at the airport (and when he goes to work in the morning) there will be enough gas.

Oooh... I forgot to tell you yesterday in my crankypants mood, something exciting that happened yesterday.  In the mail, I received a big white envelope from the Christian Writers Guild... my certificate of completion for my Apprenticeship course!  Woohoo!!  I'm not ready to move on to the Journeyman course just yet.  I need to spend time thinking/praying about whether I would want to write non-fiction or fiction before that decision.

Okay... now time for this week's Random Dozen, thanks to Linda at 2nd Cup of Coffee:





1. Which Wizard of Oz character are you most like?  Um... this week, I'm sad to say... The Wicked Witch of the West

2. When you're deciding what you're going to wear each morning, which item do you select first? Why?  My underwear... because they go on the bottom! lol  (Seriously... I choose my pants so I know which color of top I will be looking for next)

3. What kind of animal do you think the world could live without?  Hmm... animal, animal or creature, animal because that makes a difference.  The world could totally do without cockroaches and spiders but they're not technically "animals"... but they are my answer!

4. How many Christmas trees are in your home?  One big one and... I think 6 little ones in varying sizes

5. Would you prefer to be emotionless if it mean you didn't have to feel a heartbreak?  Being emotionless for me, would be like being dead so know... I can handle a little heartbreak... it lets me know I'm alive (and still on this earth!)


6. Do you ever experience holiday let-down or depression?  Most years... I miss the chaos of living in a large family so there is always a little let down.  Plus... I hate New Year's and there is always a big letdown/anxiety over the end of one year and start of another.

7. Do you like Michael Jackson's music?  Ya... it's okay... brings back memories of my youth.  Don't listen to him much now though.

8. Why is it that we never judge people who have their teeth fixed for cosmetic reasons, but every other cosmetic procedure has a stigma?  Who says I don't judge people for getting their teeth fixed?? Just kidding.  I think because the teeth somehow seem more of a medical reason even if it's not.

9. Enjoy horseback riding?  It's sort of fun... although I'm sort of afraid of the horse.

10. Shoes--practical or stylish?  Practical for the most part but if I could afford them I'd probably go more stylish.  I used to be a total shoe-aholic in my younger days.

11. What was the name of your first pet? Feel free to post a pic.  My first pet (at home growing up) was a "Lassie" dog (Collie) named Lady.  My first pet on my own was a cat named Samantha.


12. What percentage of your Christmas shopping is done? Um... less than 10%?  I don't have much to do but I plan to do some if not most in California next week.

There you have it... Your turn!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Hello Sue, I love your answers to the Random Dozen, I think I would be Cowardly Lion in the Wizard of Oz lol I'm afraid of storms & much more but I have a good heart. I'm at 0% of my Christmas shopping, well I have a gift for my sister but that's it. I don't know what to get for Joel, he buys whatever he needs or wants which makes it tough. I hope things get better with your notebook. Hugs
PS Have a fabulous time in California!