Monday, November 30, 2009

The Return of Cranky Pants

Ooooh she's baccck.  I was dreading her return and hoping she was long gone, never to be heard from again but nope... today she was back.  Little Miss Crankypants.

Who am I talking about you may be wondering?  I'm talking about ME... that ugly, over-tired, over-whelmed, me that sometimes rears her ugly head when I've had too many things on my agenda and not enough renergizing time.

I hate when she drops her bags at my front door.  She comes in and overtakes the place.  She spews ugliness from every pore and leaves me feeling dejected and a failure. 

It's been crazy around here since Hubby left Saturday morning with a surprise b-day party for his oldest sister on Saturday afternoon/evening.  Then Sunday was church and off to visit Krissy and Paul and her belly one last time before I leave for CA and she delivers her little bundles of joy.  I got home around dinnertime last night after stopping to grab a few groceries and then was working on my Christmas Cards while I watched Amazing Race.

This morning my week started all over again with work, and running to the post office for stamps, to Hallmark for more cards and then home to see if the Dell service guy was going to show up to fix my crappy laptop. He of course called to say he wasn't coming today but would tomorrow so now two days in a row I have to rush home to wait for him.  Sheesh!

When E got home from work today I had to ask him to take me over to the Honda dealership to get Hubby's car in for it's next service appointment while Hubby's away and doesn't need it.  It's very tricky trying to maneuver these things alone I tell you.  I'm so grateful that E is here with me and can help with some things like tonight... and garbage day tomorrow! 

My week is full of last minute details between the Dell guy, bible study wind downs, work and packing.  I wonder if when we get to CA we'll even want to do anything on the weekend we'll both be so exhausted.  The weather is supposed to be nice when we arrive but get rainy after that - those of you in Northern CA... make it sunny for me please!!!  Plllllleeeeeaaaaassssseeee! (how's that for a good whine!)

To rid my house tonight of cranky pants, I decided to lay aside the computer and the Christmas Cards and I picked up my knitting and The Holiday DVD and a piping hot cup of hot chocolate with tiny marshmallows.  Mmmmm... that made her scamper off and my mind and heart a little more peaceful.  In fact, I think I'll head off now and go watch and knit some more!

4 comments:

Goat Gal said...

Sounds divine! I thought my cards were done... until I thought of a few more people I wanted to send them to. Have a blissful evening!

Denise said...

Sweetie, you need to get some of those remedies Judy was talking about, they are working wonders on me!! although my plate isn't nearly as full as yours, but I'm sure they would help you alot.
Hope you have a nice time in CA, you seem like a stranger right now, I hardly see you or chat, hope when you get home we can hook up on line and play catch up.
Love ya
xxxx

Susan said...

I sure do know that Cranky pants person. She use to bother me a lot when I was going through the change. I am glad you found a way to calm her down. Hugs and have a great trip to CA!

Abby said...

Hot chocolate and a christmas movie will brighten your spirits wont it? I love sitting down to a good movie with either a cup of coffee (with holiday creamer in it) or hot chocolate! (Sometimes even a bowl of Peppermint Ice Cream:)

Sorry to hear that you were cranky. I'm sure it has to do with barely seeing your hubby, working, and all of the stress that holidays bring. I hope that you'll be able to just relax on your trip and come home rejuvinated!