It's funny. When I'm home all day during the week with hubby off at the office, although the house is quiet it doesn't feel like isolated silence. Yet, tonight, knowing that hubby is thousands of miles away in Texas, the house has a deafening silence. An almost eerie feel. It's like I can almost hear that music you hear on an old Western when they're in a ghost town. (I'd try and spell out the sound but I would fail miserably!).
On one hand I am reveling in the peace and quiet today. After dropping hubby off at the airport around 7:30 this morning, instead of going back to bed for a little shut-eye, I grabbed my paint brushes again and took the black paint to a little accent table I had previously painted the "Soldier Blue" color that the dining table used to be. Hubby called just after 9am after getting through U.S. Customs at the airport on his way to his first flight to Chicago where he would catch his connecting flight to Austin.
With the table finished, I was ready to get changed and make my way out to the hospital to visit Krissy (and the triplets baking in her belly). Poor Krissy. She is bored out of her mind on bed rest in the hospital for 6 more weeks (Lord willing the babies stay in at least that long!). Her belly is getting itchy from being stretched so far and she's finding it hard to breath because there's no more room. The babies are now all over 2 lbs (Praise the Lord) and the odds of survival at this point are quite high if they decide they can't wait any longer. We continue to pray though they stay safe and sound in their Mommy's tummy, despite her discomfort. Please pray for Krissy in this area. I can't even begin to know what she's feeling but I know from so many of my friends who've been pregnant with only one baby, that when you get into that final month or so, you just want that baby OUT! That's where Krissy is at now. Please keep Paul in your prayers too as he's juggling work, trips to the hospital to see Krissy and keeping things in order at home with the pets and his own health.
At the hospital, Krissy and I shared a delicious lunch of Subway sandwiches (Sweet Onion Chicken Teryaki), chatted and played a game of Phase 10... or almost a whole game. Her brother and Mom came for a visit so we cut our game short so they could come in and see her. With H1N1 running rampant out there, hospital visitation is limited to only 2 visitors per patient and they are VERY strict about that rule! I'm hoping to go back on Thursday afternoon to visit again!
When I got home this aft, that silence was almost deafening in the house. It's even deeper than the sound of silence. It's something in my spirit that I feel is missing when I'm home on a Saturday and Hubby is away. It's weird but it makes me think of how it might feel as a widow... knowing your spouse isn't coming home and the house feeling like something is missing. Like I said... it's very weird feeling being home alone when he's away. During the week it's not as bad as on the weekends when he's gone.
I did a second coat of paint this evening and then head to Dominos to pick up a pizza for dinner. Did you know you can make your pizza order online now? I tried it and it was way cool! They even have coupons you can use online. The Dominos is only about a 5 minute drive away from home so instead of paying for someone to drop it off, I hopped in the car and went to pick up my own dinner.
I watched National Treasure as I munched on my flat-crust, Hawaiian pizza and sipped my Diet Coke. I LOVE that movie! Even more I love American History that goes along with that movie. Hubby and I have been to almost all of the sites they show and I love to relive our adventures alongside Ben Gates and his friends.
Tomorrow I'm hopefully heading to church before driving an hour north to visit my BFF and Little Miss "H" for the day. We haven't seen each other since I think Miss H was here in the summer staying with us. Pitiful really but it's hard with P working full time and living so far away. We'll make the most of tomorrow, catching up and having a good laugh over the antics of a very busy 2 year old girl! Speaking of which... Little Miss "H" apparently had a fight with a marker tonight. P said her belly and arms were covered in marker. She took pics but I'm sure I'll see the evidence myself tomorrow!


11 comments:
wow...a quiet evening. Sounds like fun to me. Have a safe and great time tomorrow..or today as it is with your BFF.
Well I'm still at the point where I relish the silence ;) but I know what you mean. I'm sure the time will go fast and Doug will be home before you know it. Sounds like you're just as busy while he's gone so the time will fly by.
Kristen and I went to church today and I actually 'chatted' to someone :-)
I have to have the TV or radio or something on in the background. I do enjoy the silence when I'm at the lake or at the cottage, but home should be filled with voices and laughter. ; )
Sue,I know the silence you are talking about, and all those feelings that go with it. Hoping that with you being out and about with your friends this week it'll be more like normal. :) Hope your having a great and blessed Sunday.
Love and hugs,
Cindy
I heart you, Sue! If you we were closer I would give you this in person (*hugs*).
I hope you had a great day with your bff and Miss H. I also hope you don't feel too lonely the rest of the time your husband is gone!
Hey sweets. I hope the time passes quickly while Doug is away. Whilst Dave doesn't usually go off on work trips, I do get that feeling of really feeling that huge distance between you and someone you love. I very much feel that with Melissa and her boys being so far away. That ocean feels huge to me, made harder by not being able to have contact with her. Do you plan to go on any of Doug's pending work trips?
How sweet of you to go and take lunch to "K" and sit and fill some hours for her. I can tell you, when confined to a hospital bed for weeks and weeks, visitors and good food make a huge difference. It is good to know that if for some reason they had to deliver the bubs, that they would have a very good chance. God is good!
Oh no....that black paint bug...I told you, you can't just stop at painting one thing LOL...make sure you take a pic of your latest project so we can see. I'm sure it looks terrific. When I saw the shelf that Denise is going to make, I wondered if you might be also tempted.
Have a great week sweetie. Luv ya xoxoox
Hi Cindy, I like music when I work or do most anything. Every one in awhile I enjoy quiet. With 2 babies in the house, that is not to often. Have a nice week even though you will be missing Doug. Hugs
Hi Sue! I'm sure your hubby misses you, too, but it's easier when you're the one on the trip. That is so nice of you to visit the hospital. I'm sure she loves the break from hospital food and enjoys the company. Triplets! Imagining what that will be like when she gets them all home! Hope she has a lot of helping hands then, too! Enjoy the week ahead! (((Hugz)))
Hello Sue, boy do I know what you mean about silence & the way it feels. It's easier with a pet, Buddy helps but still it's no fun. Weekends are worst of course. I hope Hubby is back home with you, I remember your dinner choices on Facebook, glad you picked pizza. Take care. Hugs
My hubby hasn't been home since the last weekend of Sept and won't make it back till the first one in Dec. I can't wait. I love the silence and doing what I want when I want, but even more I enjoy doing stuff with my man! :D Hugs to you!
I just happened upon your blog and I'm so glad I did. You seem like a truly lovely lady. Your blog is beautiful and the note on your sidebar really encouraged me.
I love having my husband home with me too. :)
Post a Comment