Saturday, November 14, 2009

Playing Catch-Up

I am mortified that it's been an entire week since my last post. My life has turned absolutely NUTS since my evening of "silence" last Saturday night.

It never seems to fail that when Hubby goes away, my schedule and life ramps up. Sunday I was off and running to visit my BFF and Little Miss "H". We had a great visit (although they are always much too short).  Little Miss H's Daddy was beyond generous and gave me his "hands free" speakerphone for the car.  It's become illegal here in Ontario to use a hand-held device (phone, blackberry, etc) while driving, so I asked my BFF what she uses, knowing that she is often calling me from her car and would be up on the best gadgets for this purpose.  "H", Little Miss H's Daddy, works for a communications company and was willing to give me the speakerphone from his car, vowing that it was no problem and he'd get another one from work, no problem.  Sweet!  Being the nosey-rosey I am, I came home and looked up the device and whoa... it's a $140 value.  Thanks "H"!!

My week was full of work, visiting with people (my next door neighbor Monday pm, Krissy & the triplets in hospital Thursday afternoon ~ more on that in a minute), and picking up my Hubby at the airport at mindnight on Tuesday.  I have been so burnt out feeling and popping Cold-FX like nobody's business, trying to keep my immune system pumped so I don't get too run down from the craziness.

I hate the craziness, but I know that it's not going to stop until at least Christmas.  I'll be packing Hubby's bag again tomorrow for his next of many business trips.  Today I spent the entire day cleaning my house and ironing.  Tomorrow is the Toronto Santa Clause Parade so we're taking that as open season for dragging out the Christmas decorations.  It's not too early, right?

One of the things I missed out on this week was Linda's Random Dozen over at 2nd Cup of Coffee.  So... I say... better late than never!







1. What was the last song you listened to?  "What Do I Know of Holy" by Addison Road 

2. Have you ever had “buyer’s remorse” over anything?  Oh... many times I've felt buyer's remorse because I can tend to be a little spontaneous at times.  Let's see if I can actually think of a specific "something" though... Hmm...  Nope... too brain dead tonight.

3. What is something in your life that you are thankful for now that you didn’t think you would be at the time of the event? (Something that seemed ill-timed, inconvenient or hurtful which turned out to be a good thing)  When I started trying to get pregnant 14 years ago, and throughout many of those years I never dreamed that today, all this time later, I would actually be thankful for my life without children.  Even just a couple years ago I never imagined that I would be as content and peaceful with God's plan for my life and I do actually thank Him for NOT giving me kids some days.  For whatever reason, He chose for hubby and I to go a different route in life and I'm okay with that now.

4. Do you watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade every year? If so, do you have a favorite float or balloon?  If I can't watch the parade "live" on American Thanksgiving (remember I'm Canadian!), then I PVR it and watch when I get home.  My favorite balloon is ALWAYS the Snoopy one (no matter which Snoopy one it is!)  You've gotta give Santa his props too!

5. Share a quote, scripture, poem or lyric which has been an inspiration to you lately.  I mentioned this song above (What Do I Know of Holy) and these words really strike me each time I hear them...

I made You promises a thousand times
I tried to hear from Heaven
But I talked the whole time
I think I made You too small
I never feared You at all No
If You touched my face would I know You?
Looked into my eyes could I behold You?

(CHORUS)
What do I know of You
Who spoke me into motion?
Where have I even stood
But the shore along Your ocean?
Are You fire? Are You fury?
Are You sacred? Are You beautiful?
What do I know? What do I know of Holy?

I guess I thought that I had figured You out
I knew all the stories and I learned to talk about
How You were mighty to save
Those were only empty words on a page
Then I caught a glimpse of who You might be
The slightest hint of You brought me down to my knees

6. This is meant to be a fun question, and this is a G-rated blog, but please share a “guilty pleasure,” something that you enjoy that’s probably not the most edifying, time-worthy or healthy thing you could be indulging in. Did I mention this blog is rated G? I have many "guilty pleasures" but I'll mention a couple... 1.  Playing the Sims2 or Sims 3 video game... I love to escape into my "alternate reality" of building my dream house and manipulating my Sims family.  2.  Enjoying a glass of wine while watching DWTS (and some other reality shows). 


7. What Thanksgiving food are you looking forward to?  Thanksgiving here was over a month ago, but I always look forward to the pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving... that and the turkey and stuffing!  Mmmm.  Can I come for Thanksgiving where  you are?

8. What is your favorite book to read to children, or what was your favorite childhood book?  My favorite childhood book was most likely a Dr. Seuss book. 

9. Do you collect anything? (Feel free to post a photo.)  I collect Boyds Bears. 



I probably have over 100+ bears both around my house and in storage (as I've run out of room for them all).  I haven't actually bought one in a long time but I'd say I'm I guess still collecting them as they're still around here.  Hubby and I also collect DVDs because we're movie fanatics and we also collect all things Snoopy.

10. Gift bags or wrapping paper?  Totally depends on a) the gift and b) how lazy I am to wrap or not wrap!

11. Share an after-school memory from when you were younger. What was your routine like on an average day?  Getting home from school I remember always running down to the family room and watching t.v.  Brady Bunch and Gilligan's Island!  I think the Adamm's Family was on then too.

12. True story: Once, in a job interview, I was asked this question and told there would be no clarifying; I simply had to answer the question: “When you’re fishing, do you feel for the fish?” So what about you? Do you feel for the fish??  Probably... which is why I don't like fishing!  (plus the thought of touching the worm on the hook grosses me out!)

If you thought that was fun, be sure to head over to Linda's blog every Wednesday to play along!

And now the latest update on Krissy & the Triplets!
When I was in visiting Krissy this week, her doctor came in to discuss her ultrasound from that day.  Baby C, one of the baby boys Krissy is carrying, is having irregular heart beats happening.  As of right now they are just monitoring him, and aren't overly concerned, but if things get worse, there is a medication Krissy can take that would help Baby C.  The problem though lies with the fact that taking this medication for Baby C's heart, can negatively effect Krissy because of her own heart issues so... dear Prayer Warriors, please join with our family and pray for Baby C's heart that whatever is "mischarging" and causing him to skip beats, that the Master Physician would heal and that Baby C's little heart will grow strong.  Only about 5 more weeks to go before these little miracles make their grand entrance into the world.  Thank you so much for your prayers already and if possible, please keep them coming!  God is SO faithful and we just praise Him for the answered prayers already!

11 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

So glad you had a nice visit with your best friend. That was nice of her hubs.
I love the Addison Roads song "what do I know of Holy" Awesome!
I will pray for the triplets. 5 weeks will be here in a flash.

Susan said...

Sounds like last week was very busy! I will keep your friend in my prayers that her and all those wonderful babies are ok!

Tammy said...

Hi Sue! Wow, I'm the first to post here for a change. Just posted to my blog and thought I'd do some hopping. I'm so ready to put up my Christmas tree. Our tree lighting ceremony is this Thursday and I am hoping that my house is put together enough for me to put my tree up by then. I normally wait until Thanksgiving but then I'm not ready to take it down in early January so I figure I'll get a head start this year.

I miss you sweetie. Hope we can catch up soon. Love ya!

Goat Gal said...

Oh Sue! Praying for those sweet little babies! Love you answers to those questions. Makes me feel like I know you a little more.

Mikki said...

What a fun post. I love to read things like this. It allows us to get know you better.. even the funny and weird information! :-)

Hope you don't get to crazy.

Remember to take a moment, grab a piece of chocolate and just sit and breathe.... :-)

Denise said...

I really don't know how you keep going. I would be too stressed with all that on my plate ;) Hope things slow down for you soon.
I need to catch up around here too, but first it's Kristen's party today. Wish you were both here to celebrate with us :) I'll be posting pics later tonight hopefully.
Have a blessed Sunday
xxxxx

Susan said...

Hi Sue, I say to decorate when you want. Chritmas goes so quickly. I plan to decorate early too. I am praying for the babies and Krissy too. I pray you stay healthy too. PS, I have pics of Eddie's party posted, link at my blog.

Joyce said...

So better late than never is good too : ) It was fun to see your answers....praying all goes smoothly with the babies and that mom is at peace and resting until the big day.

Tracey said...

Hi Sue! I agree with Susan and you should decorate whenever you want. Love your den...it looks so cozy! Praying for the babies and Krissy! ((BIG HUGS))

Sarah Wylie said...

I haven't heard that song, but I really love the lyrics! I'm going to see if I can find it.

I can't believe Christmas is already upon us. Is it just me or did this year fly by? I LOVE this time of year. :D

Have a lovely week!

Darylynn said...

Hi Sue! Both Ryan and Jacob are here so gotta be quick! I knew you had Thanksgiving earlier but didn't realize you had the same turkey and all the works. Does yours commemmorate a shared meal with Native Americans or something else? I don't think it's too early to prepare for Christmas at all. The people who say it is will all be running around panicking on Christmas Eve! ;) (((Hugz)))