Friday, November 6, 2009

Packing Him Up #1 and Friday Fill-ins

Hubby is packing his bags and heading out on his first of many business trips this month ... and I'm not going with him this time.  Sniff sniff.  Nope... I neatly folded his dress shirts and pants, boxers and socks into his "Air Canada" carry-on, all the while thinking of how lonely I will feel come tomorrow around 9am when I'm back home after dropping him off at the airport.

But don't feel too sad for me ... this time.  I'll be busy enough.  I STILL have one last question to complete in my writing course (can you say Queen of Procrastination), a visit with a VERY pregnant soon-to-be-mother of triplets at the hospital tomorrow, and some major house cleaning to do tomorrow.  Sunday I am hoping to hop in my flashy little SUV to visit my BFF and Little Miss "H" for a long overdue girl's day, where BFF will stock my flashy little SUV with goodies for the VERY pregnant soon-to-be-mother of triplets.   Phew... is it time to go back to work for a rest, yet?

Speaking of work... interesting happenings today when I returned to my shared desk space.  "T", the phantom co-worker with whom I share said work space with, seems to be still on her search for ... something.  I found a little yellow sticky today with a quote from a well-known (or maybe not so known) Christian theologian.  It was a quote from G.K. Chesterton and it said, "When people stop believing in God, they don't believe in nothing -- they believe in anything." I was amazed as I looked up on the scribbled hand of my co-worker.  She truly is seeking, that's for sure, so... as I vaccummed the office today before leaving, I prayed for her.  I prayed that God would enlighten her mind and her soul with His Truth.  I prayed that the voices of the enemy would be silenced so she could hear the still, small voice of God calling to her.  Not actually working "with" her, makes it much more difficult to have an impact on her, but I know the power of prayer and so I will continue to pray for her and as God leads, I will fulfill my purpose in being there until my time is up for this job.  Hopefully, "T" will be veered away from the things of darkness and headed towards the Light of Jesus!


And now onto Friday Fill-ins:


ffi


And...here we go!

1. Plans and schedules - that just about defines my hubby's life for the next 6 weeks or so.

2. I'm happy when things go my way... is that too selfish to admit?

3. The last thing I drank was what I am still sipping... a lovely glass of white Chardonnay .

4. One of the most valuable things in my life is the Inheritance that God has given me and my relationship with Jesus Christ.  There is NOTHING of more value than that in my life!

5. I like pineapple and ham (or bacon) on my pizza.

6. Dear November, please be kind to us - we've had such a yucky summer.  No snow please... at all!

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to snuggling with my hubby one last night before he flies away for 4 days on business, tomorrow my plans include taking lunch to Krissy in the hospital and hanging out with her (after dropping Hubby off at the airport of course) and Sunday, I want to see my BFF who I haven't seen in FOREVER (at least it feels that long)!

Your turn... if you want to play Friday Fill-ins, just sign your name on the link above to head on over and grab the questions for yourself.

1 comment:

Tracey said...

Hi Sue! There is still hope it sounds like and I will keep her in prayer too! I really like it when things go my way ;) Have a great evening! ((BIG HUGS))