Thursday, November 5, 2009

Ta Da...

The last coat has dried.  The green protective tape has been striped.  The placemats have been put back in position and the center piece stands firm in it's place.  The table is complete.  Wanna see?  (I thought you might!)


Dining Table with newly painted bottom

So... whadda ya think?  I for one LOVE IT!  I'm so glad we took the plunge.  Here is what it looked like previously ... (not the best picture to show you, but you'll get the idea)

 

The Table with the Soldier Blue legs/skirt


Today was a busy day.  First we had Abide, our church Ladies' group, then I had the chiropractor and after that, lunch at a friend's house while I taught her how to load her iPod.  

Beth Moore was amazing as usual in the study The Inheritance, we've been doing this session.  She really challenged us about setting our boundaries on our "land" given to us by God (our land being our lots in life... our past, our life experiences and spiritual gifts) and in particular, placing boundaries around our Intimacy with God which is most important.  There was so much to process that when we went to our small groups we could really do nothing but sit and stare at one another because it just felt like the room was so full of God's presence, that to speak would ruin it. 


Part of that came from a very emotional situation that some of our ladies were experiencing that trickled down to the rest of us.  A friend of some of the ladies had contracted a terrible case of pneumonia and what has been rumored to be a case of H1N1.  The woman, Nancy, was admitted to one of our local hospitals and put in ICU.  We, as a group, prayed for Nancy, her husband and 2 daughters, claiming victory over her health in the Name of Jesus.  But God had other plans for Nancy, for while we were there at Abide, going before the Throne of God on her behalf, Jesus was ushering her Home to be with Him.  We all found this out later in the afternoon after we'd all gone home.

It makes one perhaps question:  Does God really hear our prayers when we claim healing for someone?  How can He allow a young 40-something Mom to be fine one day & dead the next, leaving behind 2 precious children and beloved hubby, who I might add has just lost his job?  Questions may come barreling down the pike at times like these but one thing remains.  God IS faithful.  God IS love.  We cannot fathom God's mind and His purposes.  It grieves us to think of the pain and suffering this young family will endure in the days and weeks to come, but the reality is that God's plans for Nancy's life here on earth are done.  Her mission is complete.  She is in Glory tonight and is better than she's ever been before.  God loves us and even when life doesn't make sense and pain and suffering overtake our lives, God is still faithful and good.

Today's lesson and the loss of Nancy, a woman I didn't even know, causes me to think.  Life is short.  What am I doing in my life for God.  At the end of my days, will He look at me and say "Well done, good and faithful servant"?  I sure hope so.  What about you?

If God places this family on your heart, please say a prayer for them. I'm sure they would appreciate all the prayer than can get at this difficult time.

 

6 comments:

Julie said...

It is so hard sometimes to understand why bad things happen to good people, and yet we can be sure that somehow the Lord will ultimately use this situation for good and not evil. I will be praying for her family, how very sad, but how wonderful for her.

After such a post, it seems almost unimportant to be commenting about a table, but you did an awesome job. As I said on FB...is your dresser safe from black paint????? I wonder how long it will be before you start picturing it black in your mind's eye. While I think of it, what colour did you end up painting the French door coming up from your basement?

Hope you have a lovely weekend. bet it's getting brrrr.....chilly there by now. Summer starts for us beginning of December...which will be very different to our last December in Michigan.

Love you lots, and leaving you big hugs, Julie. xoxoxoox

Goat Gal said...

The table looks gorgeous! Love the new legs!
Amen on God being faithful and good even when things don't turn out the way we think they should.
Bless you Sue.
Sarah

He & Me + 3 said...

Your table turned out great. So true...everyday is a gift and we need to make sure that we are making every one of them count for Him. Great post.

Anita - Soaring Eagle said...

That was a very touching, moving post there! Thank you for sharing that. It made me realize once again how we are only here for such a short time. Yes, God is faithful! I am sure her family is having a "faithquake" about now. Oh how I pray they have many Christians around them giving them a lot of God's love and to make sure that they know God has His reasons for we cannot see the entire picture can we?

Oh by the way that table looks good!

Darylynn said...

Hi Sue! So very sorry about the young mother. I'm sure they'll investigate to see if swine flu was behind the pneumonia. I keep urging Jessica, Pat & Ryan to get it since I'm worried about baby Jacob being so little. :(

You table really looks nice! It's nice when a project turns out as nice as you imagined it.

Survivor was so great last night and I'm really looking forward to seeing Russell scramble next week! He better win immunity! ;) (((Hugz)))

Karen said...

I'm so sorry to hear about this family. A couple of years ago at our church a young mother with 4 children age 7 and under died of cancer. We spent an entire year praying for God to heal her and just knew for certain He would. None of us believed God would take this beautiful mother from her children, a couple who would be too young to even remember her. But, He did. And there wasn't one church member (there are over 2,000 of us) who wasn't profoundly affected by her death. She wanted an invitation to be offered at her service and many people who she had touched walked the aisle that night and prayed for salvation. It was one of the brightest lights I had ever seen in one of the darkest situations I had ever experienced. God's plans are pure and perfect and all will be made right in Heaven.