Good news... I didn't obsess near as much over the Bachelorette as yesterday so we're making progress! Denise, your prayers must be working!!
Thanks too pals, for not judging me too much on that little vice!Hubby and I thought we might go downtown to our City Hall area to Ribfest tonight, but the skies looked a little "iffy" and hubby plans to go down tomorrow with the nephews so instead we stayed in and watched a great movie, The Wager, with Randy Travis. It's an exceptionally well done Christian film about a Hollywood superstar whose life begins to unravel when the Lord challenges him to live out the Sermon on the Mount. Some of the supporting cast were t.v. big shots from the past: Bronson Pinchot from Perfect Strangers (remember "don't be ridiculous" Balki) and Candace Cameron-Bure (D.J. Tanner from Full House) and Nancy Stafford (Attorney Michelle Thomas on Matlock). Felt like old home week back in the family room with my folks!
I was pleased to finish my latest assignment and get that emailed off to my mentor. I never realized just how difficult writing fiction is until I started. I am in AWE of all you writers out there who put together such wonderful tales. I really need to get myself focused and get to work! This ADD I'm struggling with sure isn't helping... or is it actually just called lack of discipline? Anyways... on to the Friday Fill In for this week:
And...here we go!
1. Popcorn and Diet Coke make a quick and easy dinner. Not exactly nutritional but quick & easy!
2. Take One by Karen Kingsbury is the book I'm reading right now.
3. July brings back memories of summers lounging by the backyard pool or camping at the lake, water-skiing all day long.
4. Jillian and Reid's connection on the Bachelorette was obvious. Whether she actually picks him is still to be seen (yes... there is the obsession again!)
5. They say if you tell your dreams to your pillow, no one will ever know. Do they really say that though? Hmm... we'll never know.
6. Before posting to your blog about embarrasing confessions, it's always wise beforehand to think it over.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to savoring the time with hubby I had watching the movie, tomorrow my plans include starting my next assignment and hanging out and Sunday, I want to get to church - haven't been in a few weeks!
Now it's your turn... go ahead... play Friday Fill Ins too!


6 comments:
Popcorn and Diet Coke, I'll give it a try.
Besitos dear one,
Sarah Dawn
If only we could trade off. You non-fiction writers do my articles and I could do your fiction. :) I can whip out a short fiction story in a few hours. An article takes me a mind-numbing, hair-pulling week sometimes. I definitely have a new respect for non-fiction writers.
Sounds like our Saturdays are similar. I'll be starting my new lesson tomorrow - and hopefully polishing up some stuff to submit. We'll see.
Hi sweetie, I like your Friday Fill-in, I might have to start doing that, now that I'm blogging more, I sometimes think garden stuff in every post might be boring to some!
Hope you have a fun weekend. I need to sew more curtains if I'm ever gonna get this game room finished.
Love ya
xxxx
Ciao Sue, I likedd your Friday Fill-in. :) Popcorn and Diet Coke for dinner seems quite strange to me, I'd go for tea/coffee and a slice of toasted bread and jam. :)
I liked your old post, found my soulmate too, and after 6 months we were married. :)
Happy weekend! Ciao!
Just blog hopping tonight and found yours. Loved your blog... I have enjoyed reading it.. I love seeing all the different blog designs. Have a Happy Sunday!
http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/
Hi Sue!! The movie sounds great!! Have a nice week sweetie!! ((BIG HUGS))!!
Post a Comment