For those who talk to me on a regular basis, you are not going crazy. I am in fact only working 3 DAYS... not weeks at my old job! That was a delusional misprint apparently from my exhaustion of the day!Today, my second day back to the job was okay. The phones weren't as busy as I remember and I actually found the day dragging a little in the middle.
Today quite a few of my old patients were in so it felt like "old home week". Late this afternoon as one of my former fav's came in for her Botox treatment. She didn't know what happened to me. Since she's only in every 3 months, she had no idea where I went when she came in after Dec 07. All of a sudden I was gone.
She said she felt strange asking the doctor what happened to me, so she just left the question rolling around in her head. Then, today, to her shock and surprise... there I was!
As we caught up, she asked me what I have been doing since I left work. I shared that I had been leading a small group in our ladies' Bible study at church and she was intrigued by that. She is not a believer in Jesus Christ, but she asked me what advice she would give to me if she were in my group. Wow! Where do I begin?
I told her frankly that my advice would be to know Jesus Christ as her Lord and Saviour ~ to make Him her best friend and live her life in submission to His Will. We talked a little more about what that would look like. We then talked about the importance of gratitude in our lives too. So often we take the little things... like having power in our homes to make our blow dryers and flat irons work. (We were talking about hair at that point!)
Before she left the office after her treatment, we hugged and she told me to pray for her.
I will!That is the cool part about the job I left in Dec '07. God could take an ordinary day and make it extra-ordinary by placing a special "God-Moment" in the middle of it! That is the blessing of working for a Christian boss!
But... all things come to an end and tomorrow is my last day back at the office. I am glad to be coming back to my simple life at home, but it also was fun to get back out in the "real world" and make a little moola and be a blessing for God!


5 comments:
Hi Sue, so cool about the God moment. Does she have a way to find you if she wants to know more? I am trusting in God to work everything out. We had 80's yesterday and rain is due now. Cool graphics!
I am a lurker. Found your blog off a site from another one. She needs our prayer! Please pray.......
www.littleoneapril.blogspot.com
I hope you enjoy your last day at work, this is so nice to meet a favorite patient again, I hope your prayers will help her. It's nice to get back into things then be able to go back to your simpler life at home. I hope you can do that from time to time. Hugs
Now you know the reason you were sent back to work for those few days. Amazing how God works, isn't it?
Hi Sue! God amazes me how He works...sending you back to your old job for a reason! Hope you are having a great day sweetie! ((BIG HUGS))
Post a Comment