Friday, April 24, 2009

Kids Say the Cutest Things

I've been housebound a lot this week. First, it was the rainy weather on Monday and trying to get my Book Club book read each day. Then AF hit on Wednesday. Who invented peri-menopause by the way? Oh ya... God did... and it's ALL EVE'S FAULT I might just add!Grrr

Anyhoo... I've been sidelined with brutal cramps for the past 3 days but had to venture out yesterday to lead my small group at our Ladies' group at church and do grocery shopping in the afternoon. GroceryMy poor hubby was dying for yogurt and was ready to head out late on Wednesday night for some. "Hang in just one more day" I begged him.

This morning, even though I'm still feeling gross and crampy, I knew I needed to head out to deliver a birthday card to my friend and pastor's wife, A's little 6 yr old son. Make A WishOur small group was cancelled on Wednesday so the pastor and his family could celebrate son #3 on his actual day. "Auntie Sue" was delinquent and didn't get his card to him in time.

As I drove up this morning, A & E (6 yr old) and M (2 yr old) were out in front of the house playing "T-ball" at the end of the driveway. Slugger 1M is hysterical. He turned 2 in Nov and about 2 months ago found his little voice and is talking up a storm now. At his turn at bat he would place the ball on the top of the "T" and with the bat upside down, he would whack at the stand. The ball would plop off in front of him.Baseball

I stood chatting and playing with them for awhile and then decided it was time to finish the rest of my chores on my little outing. As I head back to my car I hear this little voice, "I Wuv You". I Wove You I look around. A asks, "Did you hear that?" "I did! I love you too, M", I reply. As I pull open the door on my little red Civic, again he calls out, "I Wuv You". I repeat it back to him again. Can I just say... that TOTALLY made my day!

There are some days that God just totally blesses my socks off in the kid department. Knowing that not having children of our own was God's plan for us, can sometimes leave us feeling a little "empty" in the love department. Hubby and I love each other hugely, but as all you parents know out there, there is nothing that melts the heart faster than a precious little one snuggling up to you and telling you they love you.

God is so gracious and good. Even when He chooses to leave a womb and arms empty, He brings someone in to fill some of that void. Part of that though I believe comes from accepting God's plan for your life and embracing the opportunites He presents to love others.

God didn't call hubby and I to raise children of our own (through birth or adoption), but He has allowed us to help our friends and family in the raising of their children and at times, like this morning, He allows us little glimpses of those precious "Mommy" times!

7 comments:

Darylynn said...

Hi Sue! What a sweet story. I can't wait until Ryan is old enough to say that to me. :) Yes, I will melt, too.

Survivor was just so great last night. I was watching it by myself (Jeff was working) and just hooting and hollering! My son called this am because he was so amused by it, too. We all can't stand Coach and look forward to his downfall!

Hope your cramps go away and you have a great weekend! (((Hugz)))

Susan said...

Great story of the little one! It is always special when someone tells you they love you. Happy to hear that your day got better. Have a happy weekend!

Susan said...

Hi Sue, I so glad you are being blessed by your friend's children. Have a nice weekend. Hugs

Lori said...

Kids are so cute. I am very blessed to get to work with pre-schoolers every day since I had troubles after having Josh and made the decision to not have anymore kids.
Have a nice weekend. ((BIG HUGS))!!

Anonymous said...

Sue, this was such a sweet story. That would have melted my heart too. And we have a lot in common in the child department. We were not blessed in that way, but God has blessed us in many other ways. I am still finding my way through all of that and trying to accept it all. This was a help to me. Blessings!

Julie said...

Awww.... those words are music to the soul, right? What a cutie and I'm sure he had no idea just how much me made your day. You went to deliver a card and got back so much more. Thanks for sharing your 'precious moment'. You paint the scene so well with words too.

I hope all those nasty cramps have gone. Still with all of that I wouldn't trade being a woman for the world, and I'm sure you wouldn't either.

So is this your last week of work? Hope it goes well sweets.

Lots of love 'n warm hugs across the miles.

Kat said...

Hi Sue that was so cute. I too love the cute things kids say it's so precious! Have a great weekend. big hugs