) thought about what I should make for dinner tonight. I had taken some extra lean ground beef out of the freezer and had it thawing in cold water in the kitchen sink. At first I thought I'd be lazy and just grab a can of cream of mushroom soup and add that to the meat, steam some broccoli and add that in, but then I noticed something on my hamburg package.There on the front, all wet and soggy, was a tiny little recipe card from Catelli pasta. I peeled back the edge and found a recipe for Retro One Pot Macaroni Supper and miraculously, I had all the ingredients in my kitchen!

Having never made it before, and being the picky eater I still am at my age I wasn't sure if I'd like it but it was delicious... almost addictive.
The recipe calls for the Catelli "smart" pasta but I had only the vegetable pasta which turned out well (and healthier too). This is one of those recipes that you can probably do your own variation of if you want to be creative.
The verdict by hubby was it was a winner so I'll have to add that one into the rotation of dinners!
What's for dinner at your house this Wednesday?


3 comments:
Hi Sue! That recipe does sound like a winner! Tasty and quick...just my style! Hope you are having a great week my friend. ((BIG HUGS))
Sounds good. I only use that smart pasta now. When it comes on sale I stock up!! The kids love it, and so do we.
Coming up with dinner ideas is my least favorite chore of the day and the one I get most excited about when I've cooked something that the family likes.
Post a Comment