and lots of laughs.After awhile, the conversation turned serious as one of my friends began sharing about a spiritual retreat she'd been participating in this week. As she began to relay the amazing things God was opening up in her life, she looked straight at me and said, "Sue, because of what you shared in the group a few weeks ago about the turning point God made in your life..." and proceeded to share that what I said gave her a glimmer of hope in her situation. She said that twice in the course of her sharing and I was so touched.
By nature I'm a pretty open person with my life. I don't hold back as much as I probably should and I'm fairly a "WYSIWYG" kind of girl (that's "what you see is what you get" for those who may not know that). As I facilitate my small group, I am pretty transparent, often times thinking that perhaps I over-shared a titch too much but then shrug my shoulders (in my mind) and carry on. Hearing this feedback from my friend really struck me that perhaps this is why God called me to quit my job and lead a small group. If just one person could be touched by the lessons God has been teaching me the past few years... well... WOW... what an honor!
I'm truly excited for this friend as she finds the joy and contentment in her heart that she has been longing for. God is such a gracious and good God! So it is with a really grateful heart and the utmost praise to God that I thank Him for the opportunity to be used for His plans and purposes in my friend's life.
Thank you Jesus! I am so not worthy!

4 comments:
Hey girlie - I'm here now too and will save this link to my blog instead of your other site!! I have to differ with your opinion though - I think you ARE worthy!! ((hugs))
Ciao Sue, I saw your blog is public again :) love the layout and the spring colors. Have a happy weekend!
Sue, you're just flat out awesome. Your humble heart never ceases to amaze me. And quit blushing over me saying that! (Don't look over your shoulder... I'm not there spying, I just knew you'd blush ;)
God uses you more often than you think... and a more faithful servant He just couldn't find... You obey Him at times without even realizing He's asked you to do something... it's as though your heart just automatically heeds to His will.
Reading your posts blesses my heart, because you're continuously amazed by how God uses you, but EXPECT it girl! When you're as willing a vessel as you always are... COUNT on Him using you!
XOXO!
That is awesome that God is using you to touch others! You just never know when you are going through rough patches that down the road it might help someone else. God's pretty cool huh?
Post a Comment