The red carpet has been rolled out and the Botox syringes have been laid down. Hollywood is abuzz with Oscar Fever today... and so am I, I must confess.
I'm not totally interested in the awards themselves usually. I mean, most of the time the ceremony itself can get a little boring. I generally enjoy the Red Carpet show on E! Entertainment more than the actual Academy Award show, although this year, the yummy Hugh Jackson is the host and I do like many of the nominees!
Thinking about it though I have to wonder ... do we really care who's wearing whom? Most of the gowns look like someone raided the linen closet and just swung a sheet around themselves. Hmm... maybe I could begin a career as a famous designer.
I'll have to run upstairs and grab my freshly washed sheets and get to work! I have to say though, Tilda Swinson's outfit wins the "Ugliest Outfit" award in my opinion. At least she's comfy I'm sure :-)
No one can outdo the great Billy Crystal when it comes to Oscar openings but I tell ya... Hugh did a GREAT job! I'm sure you'll be able to catch it on YouTube tomorrow if you missed it!When I thought about posting about the Oscars this morning in the car on the way to church (I know... not very holy meditation!), I kept thinking about those swag bags full of expensive goodies the stars take home from events like this. How ironic is it that the people who can afford all the luxurious goodies are the ones that get it for free? Could you imagine if all that money for say, "Slender" wine actually did something for the greater society like say help poverty? If each of those stars sitting in the Kodak center gave 10% of their income there would be no world hunger! I did come across an article from 2006 that stated that at least the celebrity's have to pay the IRS for their haul... only seems fair, don't you think?




3 comments:
Hello Sue, how nice to find your comment & your brand new blog, it looks great! Hugh Jackman did great, I had no idea he could sing & dance either. I hope your week is starting well, hugs
Well I don't usually watch the Oscars and now I remember why! I just kept fast fwding the most of it! and I never got to see the main awards like best picture and actor cos I was getting tired and had to head to bed. I kept on tivoing it but no point in watching now when it's splashed all over the news who won!
Thanks for stopping by to meet me! I love your commentary on the Oscars! I never watch awards ceremonies. We usually have too much stuff in the DVR we would rather be watching! But last night we were definately tuned in to Amazing Race! My hubby and I dream to be on that show!
Post a Comment