Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Bitter Cold

As I sit in my office after a long evening of work, booking my first cruise of 2014 for friends from church, the temperature outside is 1F, feeling like -22F.  It is a BITTER COLD day here in Southern Ontario!  Brrr.  (Can you hear my teeth chattering).

Despite the cool temperature in my office though, I am profoundly aware that I have it good tonight. There are many who are literally freezing to death in North America tonight because they can't escape this arctic blast from Old Man Winter… who by the way can go back to wherever he came from!

I heard on the news tonight about an escaped convict in Kentucky today who actually asked to be arrested, just so he could head back to prison.  Guess escaping in winter wasn't the smartest move, huh?

I wish I were anywhere warm tonight, but I'm not.  Instead I am here, in Canada, being super productive today, both vocationally as a travel agent, and as a homemaker, packing up her house for moving soon.

Today I worked on the storage closet under the stairs.  I packed up the kitchen appliances that we store down there, plus some other stuff that makes it's home hidden from the naked eye.  I suffer from "packratitis" and haven't thrown out hardly anything yet, but I am making a nice 'donation' pile of some things I don't want anymore.

Now that January is in full swing and the holidays are behind us, balance is going to be more necessary as in the travel agent world we enter "Wave" season… the busiest time of the year for agents.  This bitter cold weather can only help business but with packing looming overhead I will need to guard my time closely so I am able to handle both major "jobs" I have right now.

I realize in my need for balancing these two contrasting worlds that my time with God is even more important.  Through staying balanced in Him, I will be able to juggle the balls of packing and planning vacations.  Without Him I will crumble to the ground in a lump and neither job will be done well.  Can you relate or are you someone who juggles well?

Tomorrow I'm off for a much needed chiropractor appointment before heading out to help other friends plan vacation time.  Have I told you lately how much I love my job?!  When all my hard work develops results and I help people make their vacation dreams a reality, my heart sings.  La la la!

Well I think I'll close off for tonight.  My eyes are buggy from staring at this screen for two days and I need to take some much needed… balanced… rest.

Until next time...

No comments: