Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Starting Fresh

Do you ever feel like you've failed at something so badly that the only way to get back on track is to start fresh?  That's how I'm feeling these days about blogging.  I miss blogging and even more so I miss my blogging buddies.  Life has gone from mundane and boring with copious amounts of solo hours in my day to feeling like I don't have time to even go to the bathroom.  Don't get me wrong... I love my new career and life... I just sometimes really miss the simple life I used to lead when I had time to blog hop and visit my friends.

That being said... the past year (and 3 months since my last post) has gone by SO fast!  It feels like just yesterday I was signing the contract to begin my new career as a cruise and travel consultant and here I am a year later and LOVING it!!  I've taken on 2 weekly shifts at our store-front office and then work from home most other days.  Some weeks I'd say I'm "part-time" while other weeks it feels much more like "full-time".  The hours go by so quickly and I am eating up every opportunity to learn more about this trade.

I feel incredibly blessed in my new job as God has taken me from the greenest of green agents, fearing everything from flunking my TICO exam (which allows me to sell travel in my Province) to messing up people's vacation plans (fortunately I haven't done that yet!).

One of the best things about my new career is the privilege of making families' dreams come true.  It might be that first vacation in 30 years, or treating the kids to a Magical Disney vacation.   Some clients have included me in their vacations, like this family who sent me a message while on their Disney Cruise in January:


It's these little "perks" that make my job so much more satisfying.  Just today while calling a client to wish them "Bon Voyage", the woman told me how she and her husband had travelled many times, but had never experienced the service they received from me.  She then went on to say that she knew many friends who cruised and she'd be sure to tell them about me.  Totally made my day and confirmed yet again God's blessing on my business as He is the One who brought this family to my clientele.

So... as I think about how to get back to blogging and meshing my new life with my old love of journalling my life here in my blog, I guess I will just start fresh, one day at a time.  Some days I will blog about my work life, other days may be about my home life.  I won't worry about "what" to write, but will let my day determine the path my blog takes.   I hope you'll stick with me as I try and find some blogging balance again.  I have truly missed being here to fellowship with my blogging buddies.

Until next time.  This agent is pooped and is headed to bed before my busy office day!


2 comments:

Abby said...

I'm so glad your career is going so well, but I have missed you!! So glad you're going to get back to blogging:)

Susan said...

I am glad you are back and blog about anything. That is what friends, do, share their life and we all lead different lives. THe Lord holds us together! Please tag me when you blog ok. Hugs