Friday, July 12, 2013

I Heart Family!

Ever have one of those days where you think you're going to do A, B & C and then something totally unexpected comes to send you in a new direction?  This morning was one of those mornings.

I had a list as long as my ... arm finger of "to do" things I needed to get done for work and home.  I needed to put together a package with luggage tags and the gift I bought for my August Alaskan cruisers to deliver... and I needed to run to the grocery store for some much-needed staples like bread, milk, O.J., etc.  Things weren't going as smoothly as I'd hoped but I was plugging along when I heard a tap, tap, tap on my back window.  I look out to see my neighbour three houses down in my back yard.  We live in a townhouse complex with a common area/back yard so there are no fences around our entire yard.  Any ole person can wander up & down into each back yard.  It can be a nuisance at times, but today it turned out to be a bit of a blessing.

"B", my neighbour had come to call on me to see if I was free for a cup of tea.  I quickly ran to put my kettle on while she grabbed the cushions for the chairs out in the backyard.  What a lovely visit we had as we caught up on what's being going on in each other's world's and the things God has been teaching us.  I'm not 100% sure where B's relationship is with Jesus, but she is open to God.  Hopefully God will continue to open doors to discuss Jesus and salvation.

After our tea party I hightailed it out to do my errands.  It was a gorgeous sunshiny summer day which always makes my heart sing!

Once back home, as I was putting groceries away, I got a call from a friend who needed some encouragement.  I was happy to listen and give what little godly advice I could.  After about 30+ minutes talking, we prayed together before we said good-bye.  I felt glad for this other opportunity God had presented today.

Hubby and I had a dinner date with one of my niece's and her precious Hubby tonight.  Before I could get myself ready for that though I needed to do some business.  My client from yesterday had decided that Europe was out... how about a Canada/New England cruise.  I called Holland America and placed a couple of cabins on hold for her and her family before heading out the door for our dinner date.

Can I just tell you... I Heart my Family!!  We enjoyed delicious Greek cuisine over fabulous discussion about what God's been doing in our lives, where He's been challenging us and spurring one another on in our faith.  We left the evening feeling encouraged, blessed and longing for another night like tonight.  Isn't it just a gift to not only be blood family but family in Christ?!  I truly love and admire my nibling and nibling-in-law!

It's been a full week and tomorrow we are looking forward to relaxing.  Perhaps we'll head over to the complex pool to soak in some sunshine... or not.  Still need to finish things up with my client in the morning before relaxation can become reality!  Until next time...


2 comments:

Tammy said...

Hi Sue! I'm glad you enjoyed your busy day. Greek food and good conversation sounds lovely! I hope you are doing well and hope to catch up on Yahoo sometime soon. xo

Susan said...

Hi Sue, I enjoyed my New England cruise with my parents. Hubby and I hope to take a cruise in the future. Our next big trip will be in Oct 2012, DC, PA, NY and hopefully Niagra Falls!