Ah... the joys of "that" time in a woman's life... when nature stops it's usual "cycle"... the body starts to fill out like never before... and the brain stops cold. Then, of course there are the extra special treats like night sweats, hot flashes and insomnia. Oh the joys of being a woman!!
I'm not sure what exactly changed, but ever since we arrived home from our trip those little "treats" of this process have gotten worse again. It had been months since nary a hot flash would creep up my body wanting me to catch the nearest breeze. Oh to have just a stray sweat back then!
Perhaps the heat of the Caribbean boiled my blood to a new temperature. I seriously don't know what it is, but I am one hot non-mama mama these days! Some nights it literally feels like my mattress is on fire as I whip the covers off, gasping for air. One of those big industrial size fans that blow the model off the runway would come in handy about now! (Hubby is enjoying this to some degree as my old flannel jammies are now history!!)
With these night sweats comes the extra special delight of insomnia. I've always been a night-owl (I think it's genetic!) but this is getting ridiculous! Last night, I didn't wind down until sometime between 12:30-1am (even knowing I'd need to be up early for Abide). I couldn't fall asleep for quite some time (maybe 2ish?). Then... almost like clockwork, 4am rolls around and I am awake. Some mornings by 5-5:30 I am wide awake and could almost get up and start my day... but I don't. I do use that time to pray though. Then, when Hubby gets up at 6:15 for work, I am awake again, hoping and praying I can get back to sleep. Some mornings I do - others not so much. When I do fall asleep, I end up sleeping in longer than I'd hoped and my day slips away from me super fast.
I won't even start on the lovely effects this insomnia is having on my face. Let's just say on our next trip I won't need a suitcase because the bags under my eyes will be sufficient to pack in ALL I need! YIKES! Thank goodness for foundation!!
All this whining of mine is a little in jest I must say. In all honesty, although it can be unpleasant at times, and super difficult to know how to dress anymore because one never knows when you'll want to strip down to your skivvies in one brief moment (only to be chilled the next minute), it could be worse. I could have my period again! (Sorry men who may read this... TMI I'm sure!!)


4 comments:
Hi Sue, I don't know if you remember me, but we use to visit with our blogs. I saw you on FB on the message from Jules. Would love to blog visit again. Let me know and I'll add you to my blog list. It's a wonderful blog you have. Love and God Bless.
Hi Sue! Oh boy, I am not looking forward to these days (not to rub it in of course). I am glad to be blog buddies again and I am going to have to come back and catch up with you. :)
I hope your Saturday has been a GREAT one! Huggles
Hi again Sue, just wishing you a wonderful week-end. Hugs!
Hi Sue! Nice hearing from you. :) I can't believe how many people, especially women, seem to suffer from insomnia. I don't know if it's because I'm not sleeping well but the topic seems to be everywhere- the news, Dr. Oz, etc... Nice you can travel a lot and join hubby on business trips.
Post a Comment