We arrived in Barbados around 8am and after breakfast, Barb, Gord, Hubby and I found our way down the gangplank and onto shuttle buses that took us out of the large working port, to the tourist port where we could walk into the city of Bridgetown, Barbados. Many a taxi driver clamoured around us, wanting to take us on an island tour, but we already had our plan for the day. We walked to the city's bus station and hopped a bus headed north towards Speightstown. We were headed to Mullins Bay beach for another day of sand, surf and sunshine.
The bus took a long time to get us there but it was SO worth it!
When we first arrived, we rented beach chairs and an umbrella and then set out down the beach to investigate. We came upon beautiful homes set alongside the seashore and spectacular views from outside these private properties.
Once again, being in the warm surf brought out the child in me...
We wanted to keep it (it would go so perfectly in our "tropical" bedroom at home) but it is illegal to take shells from island beaches in the Caribbean so he had to put it back where he found it. Boo!!
In the afternoon, while on another stroll down the sandy shore, we decided to write messages to one another in the sand. I drew this for my Sweetie...
but every time, before I could snap the picture, the waves would come and start to wash it away. Hubby wrote this message in the sand...
which warmed the cockles of my heart! I love him too!!
All too soon it was time to pack up the beach bag and head to the bus stop, but not before taking a few more pics of this tropical paradise!
Earlier in the afternoon we had purchased a drink and received change back in Barbados currency. We used the $5 Barbados cash for bus fare back to Bridgetown...
and got 2 dollar coins back, which we brought home as souvenirs!
On the bus back to the port we passed this fish market and I took a picture ... mostly because I was horrified to think of all that fish sitting out in the hot sun all day (and then ending up on someone's dinner plate that night.... can you say salmonella!)
Back on board we showered and prepared ourselves for our second formal night of the cruise before enjoying another fabulous and fun evening of entertainment aboard the Caribbean Princess before heading back to San Juan to start week 2 of our adventure!


1 comment:
OH Sue, what wonderful photos!!! What a great time you and Doug had. I love hearing all about it.
Happy Easter!
xoxo
Post a Comment