Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Tuesday's Top 10

I was in the kitchen about an hour ago, thinking about making dinner with the frozen leftover turkey from Christmas dinner, when I found an app for my iPad from one of my favorite recipe sites.  All-recipes is a great site where I found the delicious turkey pot pie recipe I used to finish up some of the leftovers. As I was downloading the app, I thought to myself, 'what would I think are my top 10 apps' which then made me think... Hmm... I should start a new meme of Tuesday's Top 10, listing every week a topic and get my friends and followers to join in making their lists of their top 10 in that category.  Wanna play along?


I will (try my best) to post the category each Monday, and then on Tuesdays you can post your Top 10 list on your blog.  It may take a week to get things going (like the mr linky thing, etc), but for this week here we go:

 iPad/iPhone/Smartphone Apps

My top 10 apps on my iPhone and iPad are (in no particular order):
  1. Facebook/Twitter - even though they're 2 separate apps, to me they go together like PB&J
  2. Kindle/Kobo - again, these 2 go hand in hand for all my book reading needs!
  3. YouVersion Bible app - who needs to lug around a hard copy of God's Word.  It's at the fingertips now!
  4. InTouch app - one of my favorite preacher's devotionals are easily accesible in my phone/iPad now!
  5. Grocery IQ - no longer do I need to scribble down a shopping list (and then try to find it in my mess of a purse) - I just wander around the store with my phone in hand, ticking off the items as I put them in my shopping cart.  Warning though... don't lay your phone down and forget that you've done so.  Small heart attacks can be had from fear of losing your phone!
  6. MyFitnessPal - this little nugget of an app helped me hugely in tracking my calories during my weight loss last year.  I am starting to track again as I find that our cruise/Christmas threw me off the bandwagon and I'm struggling to get my eating wisely back on board.
  7. Real Suduko - this crazy numbers game is one of the most challenging I've played.  It really taxes the brain (in a good way), although I'm pretty sure there will be no Suduko in heaven (if you get my drift)
  8. TV Manager - our local cable company just came out with this app that allows me to set our PVR from anywhere which is great when we're away to be able to make sure our favorite shows are recording at home!
  9. United Airlines - this airline app is super cool in that it tracks where the flight is during the flight.  I find this particularly helpful when Hubby is off on his business flights - I can track his progress to know his flight is in the air (and where).
  10. Lastly, my newest favorite app - All Recipes - lots of great and easy recipes and the "pro" app (only $4.99) allows you to keep a recipe box so all your favorite recipes are only a quick swipe away.  Makes using your iPad as a cookbook super easy and efficient!
So... that's my Top 10 favorite apps... what are yours?


No comments: