Monday, January 9, 2012

Jan 9 - Simple Woman's Daybook

Joining my girlfriends and getting back to a fresh start in the new year, I bring back to you... The Simple Woman's Daybook - 2012 Edition


FOR TODAY... 

Outside my window... it looks (and feels) like Spring - we've had less than an inch of snow all year so far!

I am thinking... that it kind of feels good to be back in a "regular" schedule

I am thankful for... the gift of helps God gives some people.  We asked our Abide ladies to help in de-decorating Christmas and when I arrived at 9:30am it was almost all done!

I am wearing... jeans, white t-shirt and pink zip-up sweatshirt

I am remembering... our first cruise.  This week last January we were cruising the Western Caribbean, having the time of our lives, ticking dreams off our "bucket list".

I am going... to the doctor's hopefully this week - must. call. now!

I am reading... Julie Andrews' biography with my Hubby.  We started in the car on our trip to NC in November and we read a little a few nights a week together.  The link to the book is in my Current Read section.

I am hearing... Tenth Avenue North CD playing in the living room

I am hoping... to get back into a regular work out schedule.  Gotta shed those 3 lbs I gained on our last cruise.

I need... to get in the habit of getting to bed earlier too.  Even though I go up to bed at a decent hour, I end up reading, playing suduko or watching a movie on my iPad.

On my mind... this week's Abide kickoff  - I've still to finish the lesson, make sure I've got announcements, worship, etc covered.

From the learning rooms... I'm reminded that Jesus doesn't like when I allow myself to get "lukewarm".  He wants to be #1 in my life!

Noticing that... time moves WAY faster each year and I don't like it!

Pondering these words... "Love them like Jesus" from a song that's popping through my head today.

From the kitchen... I just enjoyed a pseudo healthy lunch of salad w/ yogurt ranch dressing... (and for the not-so-healthy part) and Pillsbury Crescent weiner rolls.

I am creating... another couple of baby blankets - lots of babies on the way this Spring, both in the family and in the church.

Around the house... it looks stark in comparison to how it looked last week now that all the decorations are packed away.

One of my favorite things... spending time with my family over the holidays and our vacation in November.

A few plans for the rest of the week... Abide... cleaning the house, hopefully going to the doctor...

From my picture journal... 


This is where we were a year ago this week.  
Aboard the beautiful Crown Princess!

You can participate in the Simple Woman's Daybook Meme by linking to the site below:



Have a simply beautiful day!



3 comments:

Tammy said...

I'm loving this 'winter' weather, too! It is already 47 degrees and we should be in the 50s by the time the day is done. BTW, Peggy has revised the questions on SWD. I think I kinda like the old ones better, but only because I didn't have to think quite as hard to answer them. So much for 'simple' :-p Love you and chat with you later today, hopefully! xo

Diane said...

Great list. So many things I like and agree with.
No snow here in NY and I can hardly believe it. :O)

Denise said...

I've finally got some meds, hoping to feel a bit more normal soon! Want to get back in to a good routine too!