Thursday, January 12, 2012

Words Gifts ~ Joy Dare Day 3

The alarm went off early this morning as the rain pitter-pattered on the roof above me.  One of those mornings I'd love to have stayed snuggled under the covers for at least another hour or two but that was not to be.  Nope.  This morning was the kick-off of another semester of Abide, our church ladies group.  I stayed up late last night after Abide PM to do the last minute items on my "to do" list for the morning, before heading off to bed so that I didn't have to rush about this morning.  Instead, when the alarm rang, I hit the snooze once...okay... twice and got myself dressed, ready with laptop, book, notes and carrot cake in hand.

The morning ran smoothly as we sang about God's power allowing us to soar during times of waiting, and we studied about making those moments in God's "waiting room" an act of worship.  I ended our time with a perfect song I'd found on youTube by John Waller called "While I'm Waiting" from the soundtrack to the movie Fireproof.  Here is the video I used as the women meditated on their own personal times of waiting:




My afternoon was crazy busy as I head to my chiropractor for a much needed neck adjustment to relieve a huge knot in my neck (which I believe has now moved down to my right lower back/buttock) and then home for a quick bite of lunch before a friend dropped off her 2 young daughters for an hour while she ran to an appointment.  You may recall a few years ago my posts about "Baby C" ... who is now 2 and a cutie pie to boot!  She and I watched "Backyardigans" while her baby sister slept in her car seat (for a short while).  I have to confess that sometimes I'm not the most willing babysitter inside.  I think not having had my own children, and having had niblings up the wazoo since I was 8 yrs old, I'm not so much a "baby" person (either that or it's true that people without kids are selfish and I like my own time and space too much).  But all that said... it was a fun afternoon and once again God has shown me that saying "yes" in obedience brings blessing - not only to the Mom I'm helping out, but to me too!  Funny how that works!

So... as my heart was filled with Joy this afternoon helping my friend, I bring you today's "Joy Dare" tidbits.  Today's challenge... 3 lines you overheard that were graces.

First off, can I be honest.  I didn't really get where Ann was going with this one but I'm assuming it is 3 quotes that were like gifts (as grace is a gift unmerited).  So... without further ado here they are:

  1. Your faith is not to help you avoid problems, but to go through problems with stability ~ Joyce Meyers
  2. God is salty; He makes you thirst for more of Him ~ Diane Eble
  3. But those who trust in the LORD, will find new strength.  They will soar high on wings like eagles.  They will run and not grow weary.  They will walk and not faint ~ Isaiah & God
I would covet your prayers tomorrow.  I'm accompanying a girlfriend to Buffalo for an appointment she has there at 9am and they are calling for snow throughout our 90 minute drive there and back.  We do hope to squeeze in a little shopping therapy while across the border too (of course) but need angels to guard and protect us on the roads.  It's the first real snowfall of the season so people (even though they live in the North and see snow yearly) tend to drive like maniacs at the first official sight of any substantial amount of snow.  

Well... off to get ready for my 5:15 am wake up call but first let me leave you with a bonus "quote" I read today... "Target is my Disneyland..."  Buffalo or bust baby!! (preferably Buffalo... am I really saying that?!  If you've ever been to Buffalo you'll understand that!)

2 comments:

Denise said...

Wow you're blogging MORE! I need to catch up. Have a lovely Friday my friend, I'm off to the Dr, hope he can do something to help speed my recovery, I'm sick of feeling down!

Tammy said...

I've never been to Buffalo, but I have been to Target. I think I'm about the only female in America who doesn't like shopping there :-\ I am praying for safe travels home for you since I am sure you are already there by now. We had just a little bit of snow on Wednesday, but it made the roads slick and treacherous. I try to stay home during winter precipitation. May God's angels go before you and make your way home safe. Love you and chat with you later! xo