Wednesday, May 4, 2011

What's for Dinner Wednesday

I feel like I've been on this mission of losing weight for awhile, even though it's only been not quite 6 weeks.  I've only missed 2 days out of my 4 day/week workout regime and I've been under or just barely over my calorie intake the past 30+ days since starting to track my food intake with My Fitness Pal.  I'd hoped that the weight would just fall off as I got moving, but that has not been the case.  

Every Wednesday I do a little "weigh-in" and I take my measurements so that I can track my progress.  I hate to admit that I used to be one of those people who daily got on the scale to watch the fluctuations, fooling myself into thinking I was making great progress.  Now I just aim on once a week so that I don't obsess about the scale... or at least try not to.  

For the past 30+ days as I've sweat my little face off (and I do mean that... you should see how red my face gets when I exercise... it's not a pretty sight... hence why I work out alone in my basement!) I have stepped on the scale with great anticipation of the numbers scrolling down pound by pound but nope... nothing.  Nada.  Not a single pound.  Sure people are telling me that muscle weighs more than fat but heck, I wanna see those numbers flying south!

One positive to today's weigh-in is that I have seen a slight (positive) change in my measurements!!  My waist has decreased a 1/2 inch so bless my soul... all this huffing and puffing is actually working!!  I feel more motivated to keep it up & even up my workouts a little more.

So... in that quest to eat well and lose actual pounds on the scale, as I shopped at the grocery store this afternoon I carefully thought out my purchases, focusing on fresh fruits and veggies, although taste-wise they still aren't what I veer to first and foremost.  While walking past the meat aisle I noticed some beautiful pork loin chops.  I know... pork loin chops aren't beautiful, but I thought that maybe for a change we could try the "other white meat" instead of the usual chicken or beef... (still working on the fish element on a regular basis).  With my handy iPhone, (I love the ease of shopping when you have recipes at your fingertips with the iPhone!!) I pulled up my Food Network app and found this healthy choice:  Teriyaki Orange Pork Chops.  It was fast and easy to prepare and grill along with grilled peppers, onions, mushrooms (for hubby), & pineapple chunks and quite tasty and satisfying.  I think I may have to try new and healthy recipes more often instead of the old standards I prepare too often.

What's for dinner at your house this Wednesday?  

1 comment:

Lindsy said...

I've been using my fitness pal too. It's crazy how accountable that little website will hold you, isn't it? Everytime my calories go in the red I want to scream! I didn't realize how much I was overdoing it at each meal. Cheers to continued weight loss efforts and celebration of your loss in inches!