Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Taking a Banquet Break

I am deep in the middle of preparations for our big Abide banquet this weekend.  Today I have been running around picking up silent auction items and other banquet prep supplies.  Feeling a little overwhelmed, but going to choose to give it all to God and just bite off piece by piece.

As I took a break late this afternoon from everything, I was going through the posts on my Facebook today and saw this amazing video.  If we ever doubted God's grace and goodness (which after the safe arrival of my niece's triplets 17 months ago) this video proves how Awesome our God really is.  Check it out:



I can't even begin to fathom what this family went through in those harrowing moments, but I know that even when life seems to be going along pretty well, and then all of a sudden something comes to whack us from left field we never expected, it's never a surprise to God.  He permits these trials in our lives to draw us closer to Him and reveal His greatness to us.

As our family waits on God for another miracle of our own with my Step-Mom's cancer, we can rest assured that God has her in His great big hands.  Today was her second chemo treatment and I sure hope that she can kick that cancer to the curb by God's powerful "foot"... and the fervent prayers of family and friends.  Will you pray for Gelene today with us?

No comments: