FOR TODAY... from Sue's Daybook on the 7th Anniversary of my Mom's Home-going to Heaven
Outside my window... it is gray and overcast with the sun trying to poke through... similar to the day we buried Mom 7 years ago this Thursday
I am thinking... how very blessed I was to have such a selfless, giving Mother
I am thankful for... the love my Mom poured out on her family, right up until her last breath
I am wearing... jeans, white v-neck t-shirt and blue hoodie
I am remembering... how I missed the phone call saying Mom had gone because earlier that morning I had missed putting the phone back on the hook. My family were freaking out wondering what had happened to me, thinking I had gotten in an accident on my way to the hospital. Nope... just missed the call. I bawled my eyes out when I woke up to find the phone off the hook and the "beep beep beep" of the voicemail on the phone with 2 messages from family.
I am going... to savor the fact that my Mom is with Jesus, with both her eyes open brightly and her full smile restored by God upon her entrance to Glory.
I am reading... My Bible, and Angela Thomas' "Do You Know Who I Am?"
I am hearing... Beth Moore speaking in the background
I am hoping... to see my Mom again in Heaven when I die!
I need... to thank Jesus for the promises of Heaven and Eternity
On my mind... memories
From the learning rooms... God is faithful and trustworthy
Noticing that... with every year that Mom is gone, that initial pain of losing her lessens.
Pondering these words... "This is the day the Lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad in it" which was my Mom's favorite saying each time we spoke on the phone.
From the kitchen... I've just enjoyed a cup of Spiced Chai tea
I am creating... nothing just yet... finished my gift for my niece and now just waiting for her baby shower to give it to her!
Around the house... are pictures of my Mom which make me smile as I remember her beauty both inner and outer
One of my favorite things... remembering the special times with my Mom (like travelling to Scotland together)
A few plans for the rest of the week... prep for Abide, helping my friend with her kids, housework (squeezed in there), Abide, and ewwww Dentist on Friday
From my picture journal...
You can participate in the Simple Woman's Daybook Meme by linking to the site below:
Have a simply beautiful day!




No comments:
Post a Comment