Monday, July 19, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook ~ July 19, 2010

FOR TODAY... from Sue's Daybook

Outside my window... the clouds have overtaken what started out as a somewhat sunny day

I am thinking... I can't wait for the garbage to be put out for tomorrow's pick up.  I learned a very valuable lesson this week... only buy boneless chicken breasts in hot summer months!  I have decaying chicken carcases rotting in my recycle bin in my garage that is seeping into the house.  Sheesh! 

I am thankful for... being able to escape the city and taking a lovely Sunday drive in the country with my Honey!

I am wearing... khaki shorts, white tank top and pink cotton hoodie... oh and flip flops!

I am remembering... how wonderful it felt to have a quiet and peaceful weekend around the house

I am going... to try and be productive today but am finding it hard to be so in the summer.  Anyone relate?

I am reading... My Bible, and  Beth Moore's "Jesus: 90 Days with the One and Only", plus Priscilla Shirer's "And We Are Changed"  (only one or two chapters left)... and for fun I'm reading "The Elevator" by Angela Hunt.

I am hearing... the gentle whir of my laptop as I click the keys to type

I am hoping... that Hubby's union doesn't end up going on strike this summer

I need... some lunch... I have rumbly in my tumbly at this precise moment in time.

On my mind... simple thoughts of what to do today... nothing overly concerning at present

From the learning rooms... the key to character is abiding in Jesus, whose character we want to emulate.

Noticing that... as I abide in Him, that bored and lonely feeling I had last week dissipates.

Pondering these words... "...sometimes the Lord shakes up our situations in order to cause us to produce things that we never thought possible" (taken from Priscilla Shirer's book "And We Are Changed" page 177)

From the kitchen... the groceries that I picked up this morning are now put in their rightful place!

I am creating... my knitting project for my niece whose expecting in October... today is her birthday btw... Happy 30th "Rae Rae"... Love you xo!

Around the house... I have some ironing to do this aft

One of my favorite things... grabbing a cup of tea and reading a good novel

A few plans for the rest of the week... another quiet week of hanging out at home by myself... and well... so far I think that's about it.

From my picture journal... 



This is one of my favorite wallpapers I use on my iTouch
(can you tell I was hurting for a new pic to share this week?)

You can participate in the Simple Woman's Daybook Meme by linking to the site below:

Have a simply beautiful day!

1 comment:

Denise said...

Like I said, make the most of the quiet, before too long you'll be running around like crazy again ;) Things are quiet for us here as usual, but I don't mind at all.
sending big hugs
xxxx