If you've been reading my blog for awhile, you know that I have this terrible addiction to reality t.v. Well, it has hopped into overdrive this week yet again as I have once more been sucked into The Bachelorette. I told myself that I wasn't going to get emotionally involved like I did during Jillian, my fellow Canadian's season when she had to choose between her final three guys of Ed, Kipton and Reid. Nope. I was not going back to that obsessive place again.
Last time, I was so sure that Reid was the best choice for Jill and had convinced myself that when he returned at the final rose ceremony to propose, having been sent packing the week before, that she would choose him. Instead though, she rejected him a second time, choosing Ed, the guy with multiple girlfriends back in Chi town, to whom she got engaged and after one year, they just recently ended their engagement. I vowed that was it. No more getting suckered into producer Mike Fleiss' freak show.
This season, I decided that in order to not get emotionally involved, I would "sleuth" and head over to the jerk, "Reality Steve's" website to get the spoilers so that I would know what happens in advance, so as to avoid the obsession I had last time. Yet, here I am, two weeks from the finale again and I am addicted yet again, hoping beyond hope that everything I've read online is just a red herring and that somehow Ali will pick the better of the two "amazing" guys left. Either way she can't go wrong and let's be honest... the show has a really crappy track record. Nonetheless though, I am spending too many hours of my days reading every piece of information on message boards, hoping that Ali will choose the down-to-earth landscaper, Chris to be her forever-fella. Sigh. What is wrong with me? Is there a 12 step program for this?
Fortunately, a few girlfriends, their kids and I are taking off to the "beach" tomorrow at a local conservation area's lake. I'll get a break from my Bachelorette addiction for at least a few hours... and get in touch with the REAL world instead of my fake "reality".


3 comments:
Girl, you've got it bad! lol The first step is admitting that you have a problem. :) I've never gotten into all the Bachelor or Bachelorette shows. Their track records are not very good. But, I understand. I have my own guilty pleasures; however, I try to limit them to just a couple.
I seriously don't know how you watch that show! ;-)
Have a fun time at the beach today, and thanks for the call yesterday it was fun chatting.
love ya
xxxx
ROFL!!
I don't watch it all the time, but when I do.. I can't seem to turn it off. I hate the whole premis of the show, but it's like a train wreck.. I just can't seem to not look.. LOL
Post a Comment