Monday, June 7, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook ~ Week of June 7, 2010

FOR TODAY... from Sue's Daybook

Outside my window... the evening sun is reflecting on the top of the trees in my shaded back yard making for a beautiful green glow to the tops of the trees against the clear blue sky

I am thinking... I need to stay away from my Sims 3 game tonight so I can go to bed early.  My eyes are burning I'm so over-tired!

I am thankful for... time spent on the weekend with my Hubby before he takes off for 2 weeks travel.  Fortunately he'll be home for at least 24 hours in between his two trips that start this weekend

I am wearing... black yoga pants, white t-shirt and green hoodie  (did I mention it's cool outside today?)

I am remembering... to water my garden each morning in the hopes that those plants will really start to bloom

I am going... to watch The Bachelorette tonight... even though the whole franchise is becoming such a joke.

I am reading... My Bible, and  Beth Moore's "So Long, Insecurity", Priscilla Shirer's "And We Are Changed" and devotionals:  "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young and Beth Moore's "Jesus:  90 Days with the One and Only"

I am hearing... Access Hollywood on the t.v. in the background

I am hoping... to figure out the best way to make "graduation cap" cupcakes.  I have no real design plan so I'm trying to gather info to come up with something original.

I need... to drink at least 2 more glasses of water for my daily quota.  I found a new I-touch application to track my water intake since I don't drink enough H2O

On my mind... too many things to make an actual clear answer

From the learning rooms... John the Baptist came to baptize unto repentance, while Jesus came to baptize unto salvation.  Can you imagine how John felt baptizing God?

Noticing that... drinking the proper amounts of water makes way too many trips to the loo

Pondering these words... "Whatever you treasure in life, hold it very loosely so that it doesn't hurt when God has to pry your fingers open to take it away" from Priscilla Shirer's book "And We Are Changed"

From the kitchen... dinner tonight was scrambled eggs because as everyone knows... eggs just aren't for breakfast!

I am creating... a little knitted something for a special baby on the way this year... although I'm kinda slowed down a bit on the creative front lately.  Need to get back to that I think!

Around the house... I found some picture frames today to start a rogue's gallery in my upstairs stairwell

One of my favorite things... morning time with my cup of tea and Jesus

A few plans for the rest of the week... same old housecleaning stuff... and packing up my hubby for his business trip on Saturday morning :-(

From my picture journal... while looking at old pictures on my mini hard-drive I came across this picture of my Mom and her siblings when she was a little girl... she is the little girl standing in the back...





You can participate in the Simple Woman's Daybook Meme by linking to the site below:

Have a simply beautiful day!

4 comments:

Lori said...

Hi Sue!! Love your post. I want some of those Yoga pants. I do not have any.
Love the picture of your mom and family!! Great!! Have a nice evening. ((BIG HUGS))!!

Mandy said...

Sue...enjoy your posts! Trying the Simple Woman posts, but couldn't figure out how to get the little picture, hopefully the link is enough!

Have a great week!
Mandy

Amy G said...

Love that you are wearing your favourite clothes - yoga pants, white t-shirt and green hoodie...it IS cold today! The Bachelorette does stink...it's crazy (but we both already knew that...heehee). How's the BM book coming? What's she talking about now? Love you!

Judy said...

Hi Sue! I love the picture of your Mom! How precious. I wish it was on the cool side here. We have 110F....wanna trade for awhile??? Yeah, didn't think so. Have a blessed day Sue. Hugs!