Monday, June 21, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook ~ June 21, 2010

FOR TODAY... from Sue's Daybook

Outside my window... it's a beautiful first day of summer ~ sunshine, warm temperatures, gentle breeze... ahhh!  Why can't they all be like this?!

I am thinking... that I'm enjoying gardening much more than I ever dreamed I would.  I look forward to going each morning to check on my plants and see what's growing and what's not.  Only wish I had a yard that I could grow my own veggies.

I am thankful for... my Dad... but then after yesterday's post you all know that already!

I am wearing... khaki shorts and white halter top

I am remembering... days gone by as I sift through old family photos I nabbed from the cottage yesterday (to scan... I'll get them back to Dad by the end of summer!)

I am going... to need to start exercising again.

I am reading... My Bible, and  Beth Moore's "So Long, Insecurity", Priscilla Shirer's "And We Are Changed" and devotionals:  "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young and Beth Moore's "Jesus:  90 Days with the One and Only" ... same as last week... still.

I am hearing... silence.

I am hoping... to find the motivation to do some of those "to-do" tasks I've been putting off for a long time

I need... to think of something "WOW" to surprise Hubby with for his birthday.  Any suggestions?

On my mind... concern over Hubby and the stresses at his job

From the learning rooms... I'm a little too "Pharisee" for my liking (or God's for that matter)

Noticing that... my loneliness is all gone now that Hubby's home :-D

Pondering these words... "To inoculate me from the praise of man, He baptized me in the criticism of man, until I died to the control of man" ~ Francis Frangipane

From the kitchen... I put up a plaque my sister-in-law gave me... actually moved it from the powder room to the space over the sink.  I think it looks better there!

I am creating... a little knitted something for a special baby on the way this year... although I'm kinda slowed down a bit on the creative front lately.  Need to get back to that I think!

Around the house... the laundry needs to be put away and my room needs some TLC

One of my favorite things... hugs from my Hubby!  Did I mention how happy I am he's home? hee hee

A few plans for the rest of the week... ironing, gardening, studying/reading, cleaning, making graduation cupcakes for my great-niece's Grad Party Sat, and the triplets' dedication Sunday!

From my picture journal... 



Father's Day 2010

You can participate in the Simple Woman's Daybook Meme by linking to the site below:

Have a simply beautiful day!

6 comments:

KrnDrln said...

I enjoyed reading your daybook today! My sister and I are starting a new Bible study on Hebrews 11 called Sweeter Than Chocolate! We are looking forward to it!

Lori said...

Oh what great answers to your SWD!! I love the picture!! have a nice week!! ((BIG HUGS))!!

Denise said...

Awww, love the picture :) I'm knitting up a storm but for no one in particular! I still love doing it though. Have a great week sweetie.
xxxx

Seizing My Day said...

I am reading the Beth Moore book too ~ finally!! =) only I started it and had to put it down for 2 weeks? due to end of the year madness with the kids!! Yesterday I played land of blog catch up and today I am relaxing... but tomorrow... I am going to read again!! I love it so far!

I have been here before but I really should come back this time!!! =)

Blessings! oh and congrats for baby on the way!! =)

does your hubby like to hike? have you ever gone Geocaching? we just entered that world and it is SO fun! =) I will blog about it tomorrow?? or the next day!

Cindy said...

I really enjoyed reading your thoughts.
Looks like you have been doing alot of reading, I have to, but mainly for pleasure. I really want to read the Beth Moore book...got to get it first. :)

Love the picture you shared.

Hope you have a wonderful rest of the week sweetie.
Hugs,
Cindy

Lisa said...

I am enjoying the summer breeze too but unfortunately there is NO silence given the fact it is summer and the kids are home...lol
Enjoy your husband I am so glad he is home and you love his hugs, we are probably one of the few women that feel that way about our husbands.