FOR TODAY... from Sue's Daybook
Outside my window... it is dark and cooler now that the sun has gone to bed.
I am thinking... how tired I am after the very long day with my mother-in-law at her brother's funeral today.
I am thankful for... my family after seeing Doug's uncle's family banding together in their grief. I feel so incredibly blessed to have such an amazing family both on my side and on Hubby's side.
I am wearing... shorts, white sleeveless tee and green zipped sweatshirt
I am remembering... my Grandpa who had Alzheimer's just like Hubby's uncle who was being remembered and honored today at the funeral.
I am going... to bed soon... I am POOPED!
I am reading... My Bible, and Beth Moore's "So Long, Insecurity", Priscilla Shirer's "And We Are Changed" and devotionals: "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young and Beth Moore's "Jesus: 90 Days with the One and Only" ... same as last week.
I am hearing... quiet... the hum of my laptop... the fridge fan gently whirring in the kitchen... the slight sound of traffic through the closed window
I am hoping... Hubby gets good rest at night while he's away on business... poor guy is a workaholic!
I need... to start thinking about planning my funeral. Is that morbid?
On my mind... a little leftover anger after reading an email that was forwarded to me
From the learning rooms... God's transformation in our lives although painful, is always profitable.
Noticing that... this time Hubby's away I am missing him more than usual
Pondering these words... "...true beauty comes from the deep and often painful pruning of our hopes, dreams and desires...real beauty is born when we give away our lives for the sake of others" from Priscilla Shirer's book "And We Are Changed"
From the kitchen... my mother-in-law and I whipped up some Squash and Carrot soup (Gardinay type)and homemade chicken salad sandwiches on fresh bread for dinner and topped it off with vanilla ice cream with cooked rhubarb drizzled over for dessert
I am creating... a little knitted something for a special baby on the way this year... although I'm kinda slowed down a bit on the creative front lately. Need to get back to that I think!
Around the house... there's a little clutter on the dining room table from changing my purses over the weekend for the different funeral activities. I'll clean it up tomorrow.
One of my favorite things... hearing Hubby's voice after a long day (and miles) apart
A few plans for the rest of the week... chiropractor (to fix that bad back... which is getting better btw), visiting some friends, and our first Abide meeting as the new leadership team!!
From my picture journal...
You can participate in the Simple Woman's Daybook Meme by linking to the site below:
Have a simply beautiful day!




3 comments:
Sue, bless your heart, I could 'feel' the tiredness in your post. I hope that you get a good night's sleep after a few draining days. I know it's been hard emotionally to see your MIL go through this. What a blessing you are to her! I'm sorry too that you are missing your hubby extra this time. Probably because you are feeling a bit 'raw' emotionally after the funeral, & you just need to be with him. I hope he gets home soon. Sending you big hugs!! I pray that you feel such peace & joy when you wake up.
Sue,
I wish I were at that beach with you that would be nice, I have also wanted to start reading some of Beth Moore's books, have you read her Get Out Of That Rut?
You are invited to check out my new blog, you can get to by going to the post of my main blog, it may be something that interests you.
Hi Sue! I love the beach and it's just heartbreaking what this oil spill has done. Hope Doug gets home soon. ((BIG HUGS))
Post a Comment