FOR TODAY... from Sue's Daybook
Outside my window... Sunshine and Warmth... two of my favorite things!
I am thinking... so many things: like how the painters outside keep mutilating my back garden and how my front garden full of "full sun" flowers is struggling to survive (and it's only May)
I am thankful for... my American friends who are celebrating their military personnel, past and present today on Memorial Day
I am wearing... blue cotton "skort" and periwinkle blue tank top
I am remembering... the long "to do" list in my head that didn't get done last week because of my cold
I am going... stir crazy from being sick all week ~ totally lost my groove and I want it back
I am reading... My Bible, and Beth Moore's "So Long, Insecurity" amongst other things
I am hearing... the gentle sounds of household appliances
I am hoping... I can figure out what is going on in my front garden before the entire thing is dead :-( I hate that I have such a black thumb (of death).
I need... a gardening class - pronto!
On my mind... my niece Krissy who goes for an MRI on her heart on Wednesday. Prayers would be appreciated!
From the learning rooms... All we need to do is ask God for wisdom and He'll gladly give it to us!
Noticing that... life is much lonelier when the regular year's programming is done (aka Abide).
Pondering these words... Sorry... got no words to ponder today
From the kitchen... I enjoyed a lovely summer salad for lunch ~ red/green leaf lettuce, strawberry, blueberry, rasberry, mandarin orange and beer nuts w/ Paul Newman's Oil & Vinegar dressing. YUM!!
I am creating... a little knitted something for a special baby on the way this year... although I'm kinda slowed down a bit on the creative front lately.
Around the house... some spring cleaning happened in the garage over the weekend.
One of my favorite things... summer BBQs!
A few plans for the rest of the week... same old housecleaning stuff... and having the air conditioner/furnace guy come in and check things out.
From my picture journal...
Little Miss H's first slide down her big Bday gift
(as requested from last week's SWD entry for Judy)
You can participate in the Simple Woman's Daybook Meme by linking to the site below:
Have a simply beautiful day!




5 comments:
Hi Sue!! Great meme!!
That gift is adorable!! Is it also a pool?
Have a great day!!
Hope you are feeling better soon!
Hugs!
Genny
Hi Sue...wow! What a slide! I bet it frightened her. She looked 'so' tiny in it. She was a brave little girl for even going down it.
I am sorry about yout 'black' thumb...I guess I don't have a green thumb either. Emily's little potted plants didn't make it either - never even made an appearance about the soil! We did everything right too...so what gives??? I hope you can save your planted pretties.
Have a wonderful week Sue. Sending you big hugs!
Hi sweetie, hope you're feeling better. Looks like Kristen might be getting sick, I'm hoping it's not strep again but she has the same symptoms! Will get her in to the Dr this morning.
xxxxx
Lovely post! Enjoyed your reflections...I found you through Genny Heikka. Hope you're all recovered now!
Post a Comment