Friday, May 28, 2010

Friday Memes and Not Much More

Just gonna jump right into things today.  Sorry it's not too exciting.



Foursons


Dear Mr. Cold,


May I just ask, who invited you to come infest my sinuses this week?  You have zapped me of my energy and robbed me of peaceful sleep.  I'm not very impressed and you can take a hike at any moment... the sooner the better!

Signed,
A once healthy individual


Dear DWTS producers and judges,


I first want to thank you for a very entertaining season.  The dancing was great and the final 3 were all so well deserving of being there.  My one beef though I have is that it seemed that from the outset, you all had picked Nicole and golden boy, Derek to be the winners, despite the fact that Nicole is a professional dancer as a Pussycat Doll.   I didn't dislike her, although I don't understand why you place "ringers" on the cast.

My beef is that judge Len proclaimed Nicole the winner before Evan and Anna even danced their last dance.  Is that fair?  Should the judges be so biased as to make their desire so obvious?  Their scoring proved their point as well.  Evan and Anna's dances were flawless, as were Derek and Nicole's yet you gave 30's to your pick and gave lesser points to the fan favorites.  It is shameful to see such blatant favoritism and as one of your faithful fans and voting public, it taints any desire to participate in future seasons.  Shame on you!  Enough with the "non-pro" pro dancers!

A disappointed viewer


And... now for Friday Fill-ins:




And...here we go!

1. Potato Salad -- the best food to take on a picnic.
2. Summer is my favorite season of the year, although Spring is slowly creeping up there on the scale.
3. I am obsessed with flip flops, although they are the worst things for my feet.
4. To love someone is to give of yourself.
5. It's been a very long time since I took a long hike.
6. When I crave food, it's usually something that's yummy, but not great for me.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to spending time with hubby (if he's not working), tomorrow my plans include a whole lot of nothing and Sunday, I want to go to church and then our small group BBQ!





To my American friends ... I wish you a safe and enjoyable long Memorial Day weekend.  

8 comments:

Lori said...

Hi Sue!! Your meme's are cute. I hope you feel better soon. Have a nice weekend. ((BIG HUGS))!!

Foursons said...

Sorry about your sinus infection. My son has one right now that is making him just miserable. Have you been able to get some antibiotics to take care of it?

I don't watch DWTS and I'm kind of glad I don't. I wouldn't want the judges being like that either.

Thanks for linking up, so glad to have you join in!

Abby said...

I always forget that you guys don't have the same holidays as the US!

I thought the same way about DWTS. They always put someone on who has dancing in their background. I thought Erin did a great job! The top 3 were great, but I do agree with you about them setting up a winner!

Anonymous said...

LOVED your DWTS comments and SO agree with you! Evan will always have my vote!!

Julie said...

I am SOOOO with you on the "non-pro" pro dancers. What's up with that. So rigged!!

Sorry about the invasion of the sinuses. So not fun!

Beth Zimmerman said...

I'm totally with you on the cold. One moved into my head too and I'm ready for it to vacate! Immediately ... if not sooner!

Never did watch DWTS but I have seen that same phenomenon on other Reality TV shows. Annoys me no end!

~Pam~ said...

Hi Sue!
Loved your memes! Hope you feel better soon sweetie.
Have a great weekend.
love you!
xoxox

~Kacy~ said...

Just stopping by to say hi and hope you have a wonderful Memorial Day! It's turned off kewl here which is so unusual at this time of year. Talk to you soon! I miss you!