FOR TODAY... from Sue's Daybook
Outside my window... GORGEOUS!! Another perfect Spring morning :-D
I am thinking... it would be an even better day if I weren't feeling under the weather with this silly throat/cold.
I am thankful for... long weekends, friends and my hubby taking time away from work to enjoy himself a little!
I am wearing... khaki shorts, white sleeveless tee
I am remembering... the look on Little Miss H's face going down her new waterslide (she got for her birthday) the first time ~ total surprise at how fast it was!
I am going... to have some time with God outside on the patio while I sip my tea and eat my half grapefruit, and then run some errands and probably come back and either wash my car or do some other "outdoor activity" ... depending on how my energy level is with this cold thing I'm fighting.
I am reading... My Bible, and Beth Moore's "So Long, Insecurity"
I am hearing... the air conditioning unit turn out here out in the backyard... which reminds me, I need to get it's yearly service call made
I am hoping... that Hubby's meeting goes well at work today.
I need... to clean my room - it looks like a messy change room right now - clothes strewn everywhere (I can't believe I'm telling you all that! lol)
On my mind... not much other than this darn sore throat and wishing I was feeling better :-(
From the learning rooms... God is working, even when our circumstances seem to tell us otherwise
Noticing that... my flowers in my front garden get thirsty real fast so I need to keep an eye on them and water them daily. Yesterday I went out and my Gerbs were all laying down wilted. I freaked and grabbed the hose to give them a drink. An hour later they were all perked up! I've already been out there today to give them a drink!!
Pondering these words... "When we turn from our problems to His Presence, our load is immediately lighter" (paraphrased from Jesus Calling devotional for May 25)
From the kitchen... I've taken some chicken out for dinner tonight, although I have no clue yet what I intend to make with it. Something easy for sure!
I am creating... a little knitted something for a special baby on the way this year!
Around the house... I have a list of things to get done and they will... eventually.
One of my favorite things... sunshine... warmth... temperatures in the 70's and 80's... SUMMERTIME!!
A few plans for the rest of the week... tidying up, laundry, ironing... maybe window washing, steam cleaning the hallway carpet that desperately needs it... just normal stuff.
From my picture journal...
You can participate in the Simple Woman's Daybook Meme by linking to the site below:
Have a simply beautiful day!




3 comments:
I hope you feel better!!!
Hi Sue! I so enjoyed reading your SWD entry. :-)
Hope you are feeling better and have had a wonderful day!
love and hugs
Hi Sue! Enjoyed your SWD entry today. Was anyone posed with a camera as Miss H sped down her waterslide? Emily went down her first on at our hotel at Disney - she wasn't expecting it, & it was her first & last time. :-)
How wonderful to have your childhood best friend to live near you!
Hope you are feeling better. Hugs!
Post a Comment