Wednesday, May 19, 2010

One Really Good Set of Random Dozen Questions

Good Morning Blog World!!  Even though I went to bed MUCH too late ... again ... last night, and even though I had to unglue my eyes open this morning... the sun is shining, Jesus loves me, and it is a GLORIOUS day!  Don't you think??

Last night before I went to bed I perused this week's Random Dozen questions.  Linda (at 2nd Cup of Coffee) did a great job this week!  Loved her "theme"... can you guess it?  Without further ado... here we go:





1. What is one really fast, know-by-heart "go-to" meal to fix in a pinch?  Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and Campbell's Tomato Soup (with milk instead of water).

2. What is one item you won't leave home without. (Purse and license do not count.)  Lately it seems, my iTouch.  It holds my Bible, calendar, watch/clock, book (yay Amazon for Kindle & Kobo), entertainment (music & games), shopping lists, to-do list.  I would feel lost without my little electronic BFF.


3. Where is one place you never tire of visiting?  The Ocean and/or Beach.  Doesn't matter which coast, which beach... just give me ocean waves and sand between my toes and I'm a happy girl!


4. Share one factoid of your family's history.  My Mom used to babysit actor/performer Martin Short's older brother and sister.  They lived down the street from my Mom's family.  Martin wasn't born at the time so she never babysat him though.


5. Complete this sentence: "Once upon a time I .... was lost in a deep dark pit of despair, but Jesus found me and lifted me out.  It is MUCH brighter up here!!"


6. If you could win a one year's supply of anything, what would it be?  Wow... this is hard.  One thing that came to mind was a year's supply of gas so I could hop in my car and take a super long road trip to visit all my friends all over North America and not worry about the cost of travel.


7. "One quirky thing you may not know about me is .... I NEED to change the toilet roll in my powder room if someone goes in an replaces the roll "incorrectly"... meaning if they have it roll under.  I even want to do it in other people's bathrooms, but restrain myself.  Is that quirky? lol


8. You have one dollar in your pocket. What will you buy?  Well... first of all, is there anything left to buy for under a dollar?  Hmm... something at the Dollar store, like wrapping paper?


9. "One thing that always makes me laugh is .... quirky humor, especially on t.v.  Examples of this are my past favorite shows:  Pushing Daisies, Eli Stone and my new favorite, Glee."


10. What is one thing you could do today to help yourself reach a personal goal?  Go to Lowe's and get my garden border and then the nursery to pick my summer garden plants.  That would fulfill my personal goal of planting my garden!


11. What is one thing you could do today to bless someone else?  Smile at a stranger.  Wish dear friends Happy Birthday (which I've already done).  Pray for family and friends.  Oh wait... that's more than one ;-)


12. What is one thing you're looking forward to soon?  Meeting with our new "Abide" team and start planning the Fall for our ladies at church.



Did you figure out Linda's theme?  Head on over and grab the questions for yourself and join in on this week's Random Dozen!


As for me... I'm going to go flatiron my hair so I can go out in public... really... my "natural" look is scary!  I'm going to head off to Lowe's and try and make that personal goal (my garden) happen.  

7 comments:

Susanne said...

I laughed at #7 because I could totally relate! :v)

Mary said...

LOL at #7! I do the same thing! It drives me crazy to see the paper put on under and not over! My middle son would so want you to adopt him: tomato soup & grilled cheese is his favorite meal!

Joyce said...

I have the same quirk...and I may have actually flipped someone's in their home when I was a guest.

Have a great day!

Beth Zimmerman said...

Wonderful answers! I especially liked # 5!

Denise said...

Something at the dollar store actually costs more than a dollar here cos you have to add on tax! ;-) Good answers though, had fun reading through them.
Have a great day sweetie.
xxxx

Abby said...

I have that same issue with the toilet paper roll! Luckily my hubby caught on quickly to how to correctly change the roll:)

Unknown said...

toilet paper myhusband asked me what kind of girl i was under or over when we were dating and I was like HUH but he is like you and changes it at peoples home.... too funny.