The Maytag flyer not only boasted the cheaper price, but also the GST (5%) sales tax was not being charged. Had I made a horrific mistake, I wondered? Okay... "horrific" might be a little too dramatic... we are talking about a washer/dryer and $100+ bucks. Talking to my sister on the phone, she told me "Go and check it out... get the place you bought yours from to match the price". So off I drove to the Maytag store first to check out this deal.
Glad I stopped there first because while indeed a "steam" washer/dryer was on sale, the ad was a little misleading. This was the 3000 series of washer/dryer where only the dryer is steam. What we purchased was the 5000 series where both washer and dryer are steam. The Maytag store price for what we bought last night was still $300+ more. Phew! No need to change anything! Deliveries all still planned the same.
With that "drama" out of the way, before I get back to cleaning bathrooms... here is this week's Friday Fill-ins. I haven't done this in quite some time, but no time like the present to get back to regular blogging. (Now if only I can get back to regular blog-hopping!):
And...here we go!
1. I'd like to have a maid... I dislike cleaning bathrooms!
2. One of my most favorite romantic memories is a few weeks ago, out of the blue, Hubby came home with a GORGEOUS bouquet of mixed flowers...just as a "thank you" for being a supportive wife.
3. Last night, I had Manwich for dinner. Exciting... I know!
4. Sorry for the somewhat boring post.
5. Can we go shopping now? Anything to avoid cleaning the bathrooms!
6. One of my worst temptations is junk food; chocolate, chips, cookies... they are all so hard to resist!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to spending time with Hubby, preparing for a marriage seminar we're helping out with at church, tomorrow my plans include the seminar and maybe a movie with some girlfriends and Sunday, I want to go to church and then relax!
Now it's your turn. Follow the link above if you want to get in on this week's Friday Fill-ins!


3 comments:
YOU cracked me up about the washer/dryer...however, I would've done the exact SAME thing!!! ;) Glad you got that figured out and did some research! Way to go.
I also love the Friday Fill-ins. Shopping would ALWAYS be better than cleaning, PERIOD!
Enjoy your weekend. Sounds like you'll have some fun
I used to have a 'maid' but that was when I worked full time BK (before Kiki) ;) I'd still love one now though as I never feel caught up on housework... to many other things pull me in all directions, and you know how that feels! Hope you have a lovely weekend sweetie.
xxxxx
Stopping by to say hello. You are too funny with your stories. You writing skills amaze me. :) Anyway sounds like everything worked out with your appliances.
Hey, I would like a maid, especially with the house on the market. :)
Have a great weekend.
Hugs,
Cindy
Post a Comment