Yesterday was an exciting day around the ole Nest. Hubby and I recently cashed in a load of airmiles we'd been collecting and we ordered a Wii. We'd picked up a Wii Fit with the coverage from work and wondered how long it would be before we could get the console to start out on my new year's fitness regime. To our amazement, we ordered the Wii online from our airmiles company and voila... the UPS guy was back at my door with the console on Thursday. Yee-Haw!
My first workout on the new machine was fairly simple. I did a few yoga moves, a couple balancing games and did the testing they do to check BMI/weight and balance. They do some funky calculation and give you a "wii" age when they're all done. I had first entered the program as a "Guest" and that Wii Age was 52 yrs old. Yikes. No offense to those over 52... but I'm only 45. I'm not ready to be 7 years older just yet! That time I'd done it in bare feet. After I'd made my little "Mii" character, I redid the test and to my comfort and joy, my Wii age was now 41. Ahhh... I like that!
I often tell people that I'm allergic to exercise. I get a red rash on my face, I break out in a sweat. It's all very ugly. Now though, with my new Wii, I have no excuse to stay in my seat and eat bon bons. I can get up and go for a bike ride like I did tonight (3 km btw) all while standing on my Wii balance board. Hubby and I had a boxing match tonight where he knocked my block off a few times. I almost had him but drat it all... he got one more good right hook on me and I went down like a girly girl. (Oh wait.. I am a girly girl!)
I can already feel it in my butt and thighs from doing the yoga moves but I have to say, I'm totally enjoying this. Anything that can make working out fun for me is important. I hope I can keep it up because I really do need to get my little flabby body under control.
Before I end tonight, I wanted to tell any of you that care (or are a reality tv junkie like myself) that I reopened my Armchair Reality Review blog. You can head over if you want to read my take on this winter's reality shows that I watch. So far I'm reviewing The Bachelor and American Idol. I'll also be commenting on Survivor and The Apprentice when they start. And Dancing with the Stars too no doubt. Have a great wii-kend!


4 comments:
I'm glad to hear you like it...we just got a wii for Christmas and I'm going to add the Wii fit...I'm like you when it comes to excercise!
April bought Wii fit. I'm not sure how many times she's used it though. I might try it one of these days--for now I'm content to take Maddie for a walk. I hope you are having a great weekend. Big hugs!
Glad you're liking the Wii Fit.. I really couldn't get in to it, nor the Wii Active Jason later bought (rolling eyes). I prefer my dvd's so I'm trying to be good and do them a few times a week.
How fun! We have a wii too and it's fun to get out when we have company over:) Today we were at my brother's house and his kids got a new game called Just Dance. Oh my word! What a really great workout! It gets ya moving:) We took some video of it because it was so funny:)
Post a Comment