It's like there is a magnet in my t.v. that draws me to watch it. I didn't want to. I vowed I wouldn't. Yet, tonight (or rather last night as I look at the clock on my computer) I broke down and turned to ABC to watch the cheesiest slice of the Bachelor served up yet... The Bachelor: On The Wings of Love. Who writes this stuff?
I think it's an addiction that I need help for. I really do. I don't particularly like the guy - Jake Pavelka. Sure he's a nice "Christian" boy... but he reminds me of a grown up Opie from the Andy Griffith show. "Golly gee, girls... you all look so durn perty in your fancy dresses! Gaffa. Gaffa". If I hear him say something about "nice guys finishing last" one more time I think I'll toss my cookies across the family room floor. BLECH!
How is it that someone THAT good looking, can be that dorky? I'm just asking! It's like he's got a body that's a 10, and a personality that's a 3. It doesn't compute in my wee little brain.
I don't mean to be harsh but after 13 seasons of this show, and 5 or so Bachelorettes, this old lady is getting just a little tainted in the love-o-meter. Perhaps I've become too accustomed over the years of the editing process reality tv (this show in particular) takes. After they duped me last Season with the precious Reid/Jillian chemistry and her choosing the dufous Ed, I refuse to get sucked back into hoping for a happy ending. That all being said, yep, my t.v. was glued to ABC (City TV on Canadian cable) and I watched the handsome, albeit goofy, Jake meet 25 women, some stunning, some sweet, some slutty ... and some just plain crazy.
Hubby and I spent the better part of the show picking a) our favorites Ali, Ashley, Ella, Emily (who sadly didn't get a rose) and Tenly, b) the ones here strickly for a "career" move (aka models like Gia and Rozlyn) and c) the one who hooked up with a producer during filming and gets kicked off in a future episode (our guess is Rozlyn or Elizabeth from Nebraska... or maybe the super competive girl ~ think her name was Christina... she reminded us of the actress Kate Winslet).
One thing I really had to wonder though was what on earth were the producers thinking inviting Jillian and Ed back to help Jake with narrowing down the ladies. Jillian should have been afraid to let Ed loose in front of that room of pretty girls (as you'll remember last year he left in the middle of filming Jillian's season to go home to date his former girlfriends... yep plural!!). I'm also curious as to why producers thought this party-loving duo (Ed and Jill) were capable of helping wholesome Jake with this monumental task. I'm just sayin! I don't see how this was the best they could do with helping the guy? Finding the most scandal-ridden couple in Bachelorette history? Perhaps they were trying to convince us what a great pair Jill and Ed are. Ya! Okay. Whatever!
So... as you can see... for someone who was NOT going to get sucked into this silly show... I think I took a ride on Jake's crazy stunt plane too and I'm now zooming towards a cavity ridden (cuz he's so gosh, darn "sweet"), down-home, good ole Texas boy, CheeseFest! Yikes! I need help! I'll be back later today with hopefully a more inspired post.


2 comments:
Too funny! I know you don't really care for Jake...but I'm truly hoping he IS a decent guy and doesn't let me down (or my thoughts about him anyway)...like Jason ended up doing! :) I want a guy who wants to marry his best friend and has GOD, FAMILY, and FRIENDS at the top of his priority list. :) That's what I've been praying for...well, I've just been praying for any decent Christian guy.
So, I'll guess we'll just have to see how this all pans out. I really don't care for very many of the girls, AT ALL. In fact, like I tweeted last night ~ Why can't ABC just pick NORMAL girls for once and not all these pyscho ones. Geesh!
This shall be interesting and I hope you keep watching and we can have fun Bachelor discussions!
Hugs
Glad you got all that off your chest ;-)
Post a Comment