First is Teddy (Edward John)... born 9:37am - 4lb, 0.5oz
Little Teddy
Next came our little... "Baby C"... Joshua Paul, making his entrance at 9:38am at 3lb, 6 oz.
Courageous Little Josh
And finally, Daddy's little "princess", Emma Caroline, at 9:39am, weighing 3lb, 12oz.
Sweet Emma Caroline
Mommy and babies are doing well. The little ones are in the Neonatal unit at one of Canada's best NICU's (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit).They should be home sometime around 6-8 weeks I think and still need our prayers for them to grow strong and healthy so they can go home on time, or earlier! I know some very anxious Grandparents ready to meet their new Grandbabies in person (as well as the rest of us!) Krissy continues to need prayer as well as she recovers from her surgery and everything she's gone through. Her heart has held up miraculously throughout her pregnancy, although her blood pressure was very concerning through her delivery process. God has truly had His Hand on her and these little ones. Thanks again for standing with us in prayer. We appreciate your prayers and your continued ones too!
So with all that excitement going on, I haven't been able to concentrate long enough to blog. Tonight I'm writing from our hotel in Seaside, CA where hubby is working like a dog working on reports from his last week of work, and preparing for his next week's work. We got here Thursday night after hubby's workday in Menlo Park (and I got most of my Christmas shopping done), and Friday we were able to take a little time to tour the Monterey Aquarium. Hubby's client so graciously loaned us their aquarium guest passes for free entry. It was amazing to see the huge amount of different species of underwater life. At some moments I couldn't get the characters of "Finding Nemo" out of my head. There was a whole section on Seahorses in one area which blew my mind. Who knew there were so many varieties of Seahorses under the water? I was really struck by God's creativity and the fact that they are all under there where not many humans ever get to see. Even though they are hidden under hundreds of thousands of gallons of water, God created all these creatures for His own pleasure and enjoyment, so intricate and unique... just like humans. What a Mighty God we serve!
After the aquarium we took a quick jaunt to Carmel-by-the-Sea, one of my most favorite places in the State of California! Sigh. The Ocean. The Charming "Dicken's-like" cottages. Did I mention the Ocean?!
This afternoon after I snuck away before breakfast to mail out some Christmas gifts to family down here in the States, (and hubby did hours of report-writing), we hopped in the car and drove in the sprinkling rain to Carmel Valley Village to do some Monterey area wine tasting. It was fun and I must confess, by the end of our little tour I was a tad bit loopy from tasting so many different wines. On the way back to the hotel the rain had stopped for a bit so we took the chance to head back to the beach in Carmel-by-the-Sea. It was windy and chilly but still wonderful to see the waves crashing over the mighty Pacific.
After dinner, while hubby head straight back to his laptop (and those darn reports), I hopped online where my brother and sister-in-law were on MSN. My brother popped us all into a chatroom and "M" shared the birth story of her new Grandbabies, while "R" sent pictures of the big day through as well as video footage when the babies were cleaned off by the hospital staff. Absolutely breath-taking! Having never been in a delivery room I was overcome with joy and awe... tears filling my eyes along with a massive smile on my face. Don't you just love technology? The fact that all the way over here on the other side of the continent, I can view pictures from my brother's laptop to mine in minutes. I don't feel so far away and out of the loop now.
I nabbed one of the pics my brother sent through tonight that I'll leave you with today. This sums up the joy of this week!
Mommy and Baby Emma Bonding






9 comments:
Awww...Congratulations!! They were good sized babies!!
So sweet!!! Congratulations to all the family!!
Sounds like you're having a great vacation too!!
Awe, I love these firstborn baby pics! So precious! Hope you are having a great weekend Sue! Love you!
AWW! Sweet pic!
So glad you're having a great stay in CA! I'm impressed that you've done all of your shopping! Good for you:)
How adorable! What tiny little miracles and blessings! Thanks for the update and the pictures. Will lift them up for prayers for strength and health.
Oh my!! The triplets are here! And so, so adorable! I've been praying for all of them and their parents. God is so good! I'm totally celebrating with you.
Hope you're having fun in California! :)
Oh they are sweet! How did I miss this post earlier?
What a blessing!
The triplets are so tiny and sweet. So happy all are doing so well! You know I love Carmel, too. didn't one of The Bachelors have a family who owned a Carmel Valley winerie? That's where our cousin Steve built his home. (((Hugz)))
Ciao Sue!
Awwww, congrats! So precious! They are so tiny and adorable! :)
Have a happy rest of the week!
Post a Comment