Friday started out as a great day. Got the new wheels out on the first real ride... over to Sally Ann's... or Salvation Army for those of you who don't know the "slang" term..., the salon for a "trim"... more on that in a bit... and to the dealership to pick up the ownership that was missing my name along with hubby's and to exchange a cargo net for a cargo tray. It went from mediocre to terrible by the end of the weekend and I was thrilled to wake up this morning with last weekend behind me. Grab a cuppa and let me whine for just a bit if you please!
So... I hop in my shiny new SUV and head off to Salvation Army to drop off a bunch of stuff we'd had in the garage for what felt like FOREVER. It was only a few blocks from my hairdresser so it was perfect - kill two birds with one stone. I need to renew my passport so I thought... "I think I'll get a trim". I'm in the chair praising my hairdresser and the salon for a wonderful job every time and blah, blah, blah. I told her I'd never come home not liking my hair... that is... until that day. Now, here's the part where you tell me... "It doesn't look that bad" or "I like it" or whatever else you might want to say to make me feel better, but to me, the little "trim" felt like a scalping. I went from this...
Last Thursday's "Do"
to this...
New passport pic from today
Now, I realize that in my new passport picture I'm not smiling (it's not allowed) and I look OLD (or at the very least my "middle-aged" age)... and when I'm not feeling terrible like I did on the weekend it's truly not as heinous as I made it out to be but I am a drama queen... and rather vain to boot so there you have it! That was my "trim"... it is much shorter at the back btw.
At the dealership Friday, what was supposed to be a quick run in to pick up stuff and exchange stuff turned into waiting around for over an hour. Not fun but oh well. As I hopped in and out of the new vehicle Friday though, that stiff neck from earlier in the week turned into a HUGE muscle spasm in my lower back. Grocery shopping Friday afternoon was excruciating and my back only proceeded to get worse as the weekend went on.
Saturday was a pretty slow day with not much to show for it. I did though watch HGTV in the morning and realized that I really quite like that station and it's real estate/home improvement shows. Hmm... who knew? Saturday night, hubby and I went to the movies with friends and I must warn you as your movie reviewer extraordinare... Do Not... I repeat DO NOT... waste your time, money, anything... on going to see The Invention of Lying. It was terrible... and I really like Ricky Gervais and Jennifer Garner. It was crude, rude and spiritually offensive and had we not been with friends, hubby and I would have walked out. I apologized profusely for suggesting it. I felt dirty and sinful just sitting there... and I'm no prude! My official rating... BLECH!
After the movie our friends came back to our place for some carrot cake & a drink. As I served up the cake I noticed it was all gooey on the bottom. I thought it may have been the cake mix since I had used one that had been in my cupboard for I'm not sure how long... a year ... maybe two? Thankfully it had yummy cream cheese icing on top so it was satisfactory at best and some even had a second piece.
Sunday was the worst day of the weekend. I was in brutal pain when I got up with my back so I stayed home from church. Couldn't imagine sitting for 90 minutes on a hard wooden pew. Hubby & a friend prayed for me at the front of the church after the service and I have to say... my back improved immensely!
I had offered to bake cookies for a funeral at the church happening today (Monday) so after The Nephew (who is living with us again) and I cut up some veggies and I threw together the remaining ingredients for stew I began my baking. The first batch went in the oven and when I pulled them out at the buzzer's annoying buzz, I noticed the tops were brown (which they usually are not) but the bottoms were kinda gooey. Again with the gooey bottoms... what is going on? I called hubby and being the brilliant engineer he is, he noticed that the bottom element in my oven wasn't hot. DOH! That would explain a) the carrot cake disaster from Sat nite and b) the fact that the cottage cheese in Friday night's lasagna didn't melt. I had a little meltdown and then hubby suggested I stop my rant and call the neighbor and ask if I could borrow her oven. I am a submissive wife you know (hee hee)and so I did as he suggested and my neighbor was gracious and let me bake my cookies at her house. It wasn't until I opened her oven to take out the first batch (which I put in for a few minutes more to do the bottoms) that it donned on me that the burst of hot air in my face was indeed missing from my own oven. Again... DOH!
As a thank you to J, I offered her not only some cookies once I got them home and iced, but also some of the beef stew we would be eating for dinner. As Murphy's Law days go though, the carrots and potatoes were taking their sweet time to cook and it wasn't until after 9pm (and we three at home had already devised a Plan B for dinner) that I showed up at J's door with beef stew in a bowl for her and her sister to share. Oy! Is it bedtime yet? lol
Needless to say, I was incredibly happy (well actually that's not true... I was pretty blue after the emotional roller coaster of a day... make that weekend) to get into bed and bid this weekend good riddance!
One highlight I forgot to share though was from last Thursday, before the weekend started. It was 1:30pm, right before we were heading to the dealership to pick up the vehicle. Hubby walked in the door from work with these...

Just Because Flowers
Now it's Monday and I'm hoping the week is a far cry from the weekend! One thing that's improved... my back isn't as sore. Prayer works!!




4 comments:
Hoping you have a wonderful week and that your back is feeling 100% better. Beautiful flowers.
i like your new hair! i hope this week is better for you!!!
Well now, your sure had an eventful weekend...here's to a terrific week this week. So what a bummer with the oven.... hope it's not time for a new one. I was just saying to Dave yesterday how we need to get married again, because after 31 years and having to replace so many things this year, wedding presents would be wonderful.
How exciting that you got to feel the triplets kicks, that is always so special. How's your knitting coming along? I hope your back will allow you to do more of that this week.
Love your hair BTW but it's important that you like it first and foremost, so I understand you feeling upset about it. Maybe your words of encouragement about the great job she always does have her the confidence to try her own thing. I do really think it suits you and I'm sure it will grow on you (no pun intended). Thanks for sharing. Luv ya xx
Despite the fact that you look a little like an axe murderer in that passport pic (what's up with the no smiling rule?), I like your new hair. But, I agree, it's a bit more than a trim. :)
Post a Comment