Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Ba Bump

I was on the run today.  First to the chiropractor for yet another treatment to get my back in order.  The deep tissue massage he gives me with his elbow surprisingly works... as does the one hubby gives me before  he leaves for work each morning right now.

Speaking of hubby... talk about how when it rains it pours.  Remember yesterday's whiney post about how happy I was that it was Monday?  Yikes... let's just say I'm glad Monday's over too!  Around 4:15pm yesterday, after spending the afternoon at a funeral, I got a call from hubby on his way home from work.  "I just got in an accident" he tells me.  "What?  Are you okay? Is the car okay?" I quickly replied.  Hubby was in the Honda, on the highway in rush hour, bumper to bumper traffic.  He was stopped in traffic and was rear-ended by another car that had been rear-ended.  He ended up hitting the guy in front of him.  Thankfully no one was injured more than just a few bumps and maybe a stiff neck (hubby hasn't felt anything yet) and our little red Honda only has a few bumps and bruises of it's own.  Thank goodness for plastic bumpers!  The front of the car where hubby hit the guy in front of him only has a big scruff and tiny indent.  At the back, the panel of the bumper at the back driver's side has been knocked out a bit, but not enough to make the car undrivable.  An appointment has been booked at the collision center on Tuesday to fix the little red bomb up!  I had a feeling yesterday that one of us was going to be in an accident.  Don't tell me how... but I just felt it.  Darn... I should have prayed instead of just thought about it!  *smacks myself in the head*

Back to today... after my treatment at the chiro I was off and running to visit Krissy and her belly full of babies.  I had made lasagna on Friday (remember the unmelted cottage cheese lasagnas!) and stopped to pick up some bread, caesar salad and cherry pie for her and Paul to enjoy for dinner tonight... tomorrow night... the next night...

We had a great visit and I handed her a large supply of t.v. series on DVD and books to keep her occupied while she's on bedrest (or is it house arrest?).  While chatting, she let me feel one of the babies kick.  So cool!  It's moments like that I feel a little twinge at never having the opportunity to experience that but the twinge lasts only a second now.  She's feeling great and things seem to be going well.  We're all very hopeful that she'll make it to her 32-34 week date and that the babies will be strong and healthy.  God has been SO faithful already and we just praise Him for His answered prayers to date!  Thanks again to you, my dear friends, for standing with our family as we watch this miracle happen before our eyes!

After I left Krissy's, I skipped book club this week and had dinner with another niece.  "S" & I hadn't read this month's book since we couldn't find it in the bookstore and it was too late for both of us to read it.  Instead we went to a bookstore so that kind of counts, doesn't it?  "S" even bought a book... a calendar/appointment book... but a book!  Maybe next month we'll make it to book club?!

8 comments:

Lindsy said...

Oh your poor back. My Mother In Law has back problems that she sees a chiropractor for and I always feel so bad for her. Nice of your hubby to be your at home chirpractor!=)

I am glad the accident didn't hurt hubby and that hubby wasn't in your brand new car!

You were a busy girl yesterday. Hope you get some resting time today!

He & Me + 3 said...

I love my Chiropractor...they really do get you feeling better. Sorry to hear about hubs accident. That happened to me once in bumper to bumper traffic. Thank God they only hit going slow. Busy days are good just stressful sometimes. Hopefully Wednesday is a better day:)

Paul said...

Sorry I missed you yesterday Sue! Had to work late... the lasagna was delicious though!! So was the cherry pie... I'm sure it won't last long!

Glad your Hubby's ok! Tell him to watch some Ultimate Fighter tonight, and he'll forget all about any stiff-neck-whiplash-feelings he might get today!

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

When I was in Texas, a friend of mine gave me a whole hour of deep tissue massage. I need to go back and get another one! Trust me, the 14 hours drive is the only thing preventing me from heading there. :o)

I love feeling babies move on their mama's tummy. It's amazing, isn't it?

Abby said...

I'm glad your hubby was ok! How crazy that you had an idea that it would happen!

I hope your back is feeling better!

Karen said...

Funny how God allows us to sense things sometimes before they happen -- like He's preparing us for the possiblity so we don't panic when it actually occurs. Praise God it was only a fender bender.

Tracey said...

Hi Sue! Glad to hear Doug was ok! Hope you had a great weekend! ((BIG HUGS))

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your knowledge