I got a call tonight from my sister-in-law. Krissy has been admitted to the hospital for precautionary measures. Her cervix, although still stitched, is acting up a bit and the doctor felt it was safer to keep her in hospital. Also, her tests for gestational diabetes were inconclusive (one being negative, another test being slightly positive). They want to monitor her condition and keep her and the babies safe. Praise the Lord though, so far her heart is holding up and the babies are all doing well - now over 1 lb each!
One drawback to Krissy being in the hospital is the H1N1 virus. Four other pregnant woman are in the same hospital suffering with the flu virus and they are suggesting that both Krissy & Paul get the H1N1 shot. Many things to pray for this week but Praise the Lord, so far they've made it to 26 weeks! They've planned her "due date" or rather "C date" (for her Cesarean section) for December 17th at 8am, unless the God (and the babies) decide earlier.
We would appreciate your continued prayers as the next little glitches in this road come for Krissy & Paul. God's peace is needed as well as His comfort for poor Krissy, who I have no doubt will be bored out of her mind lying in a hospital bed for the next 7 weeks. Poor Paul too, please pray for stamina and strength as he has to work and then travel to see Krissy in hospital and get the proper rest he needs before the triplets are born. So many things to ask prayer for... just pray as God leads! Thanks!!!
And now on to the Random Dozen for this week!
Thanks to Linda at 2nd Cup of Coffee and her creative mind for giving many of us a boost in our blog posts on Wednesdays. Last week I wasn't able to participate but tonight I am making time.

1. Tell me something about your favorite teacher. Mrs. Spears was my 2nd grade teacher. She had the coolest "Seal-skin" fur coat and I would LOVE spending my lunch recess, standing outside beside her, petting her coat. I can even see myself standing at the chalkboard, smacking the brushes to get the chalk off them. Weird what we remember!
2. Tell me about one pivotal moment in your life. One pivotal moment in my life was when I was being hired by "Youth for Christ" as a missionary to high school kids in my province. I wanted so desperately to go ANYWHERE but Toronto, but as I drove home from my interview I "heard" God's still small voice say to me, "But where is the greatest need?" "Crap" I thought. "I'm going to Toronto". Thankfully I was obedient though. It was at this particular position in that particular church that I was introduced to my hubby! Had I not listened to God, who knows where I'd be (or who, if anyone, I'd be married to today). Phew... glad I listened to Him!
3. About favorite colors--a lot of people will ask you what it is, but I want to know why it is. What feeling or memory does it evoke? My favorite color is light pink ... as in pastel pink. This color makes me think of soft, fluffy things like cotton candy, and it's just a romantic, sweet, girly-girl color that makes me feel feminine and romantic.
4. What's a sure sign that you're getting older? How much space can I take up for this question? Is it the wrinkles on my face? Is it the peri-menopausal symptoms? Is it the creaky bones? Oh my... too many things to list!
5. Please don't sermonize, but Halloween--is it a yes or no for you? As a kid I LOVED Halloween... dashing from house to house with my BFF with pillowcases in hand, begging candy from the kind neighbors. As an adult... tolerate it... sometimes. I enjoy seeing the cute little kids all dressed up - so sweet and innocent. But I HATE the dark, ghoulish teenagers and kids who come to my door with evil looking costumes. It bothers my spirit inside me and I tend to let hubby hand out the candy because I can't bear getting too close to the dark/evil costumes. Does that make any sense?
6. What's your favorite musical? Hmm... I LOVED Disney's Beauty and the Beast when I saw it in Toronto twice. LOVED Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat and Mamma Mia! But Phantom of the Opera and it's spectacular music would have to be my favorite musical theater. As for musical movies... that one is easy... White Christmas!
7. Are you more of a city mouse or country mouse? Um... a suburban mouse? I grew up sort of in the "country" and it has tremendous benefits but living in the city is good because of the nightlife and easy access to amenities but I hate actually living "in the city" so... I think somewhere in between is my preference. Presently, where I live, I'd like a little less city and a little more country!
8. Did you know that it is possible, for a small fee, to name a real star after someone? (It's true! Google it!) If someone were to name a star for you, would you appreciate it for its whimsy and romance, or would you say, "Are you kidding me? For $19.95 we could have gone to the movie and actually bought popcorn." I remember seeing this concept in the movie, "A Walk to Remember" and thought it romantic because the main character loved searching the stars with her telescope so... for those who enjoy astrology I think it's a great idea. For me... I'll take the movie thank you!
This question comes from Paula at His Ways Are Not Our Ways.
9. What's the craziest thing you've ever been doing and texted during it? I only thought of this b/c I was about to try to text during my walking video but I didn't. I haven't been doing anything because believe it or not... I am a texting virgin. I have no clue how to text. Only texted once and it consisted of saying.. "OK" :-)
Paula, you do know that this blog is rated G, right?
10. "It's not a party unless _______." I'm there! lol Just kidding... sort of.
11. When you're stuck in traffic or a waiting room, what do you do to pass the time? PS: There are no magazines available. Sometimes I will people watch, other times pray, other times start up a conversation with the person beside me. Just depends I guess. I can amuse myself pretty easily when I need to.
12. If you weren't yourself, would you be friends with you? I would like to think so. I think I'm a pretty loyal friend so I would want that part of me.
If you want to join in on the fun, hop over to Linda's and join in the fun! Use the link above to get to her blog!


6 comments:
Loved reading your list and will be praying for Krissey
I will for sure keep the babies, Krissy and Paul in my prayers. Bless her heart - 7 weeks! I hope she has lots of magazines and good books available.
As for your dozen...I CANNOT believe you have a blog but you don't text - that is funny to me for some reason. I love the convenience of texting and it is getting more and more popular! We might have to pull you on over to the texting side. =)
Ha-you're right...we do have some of the same answers. I cannot believe how many non-texters there are out there. My hubs and I have a running conversation throughout the day by text and that is fun.
I will be praying for your sister in law and family.
I'm still praying :)
Loved reading your answers, and totally agree with the fav color;-) that is totally me too!
xxx
The picture of a second grader spending her recesses petting her teacher's fascinating coat is just too darling! Love it.
And White Christmas is awesome. Only one more month until I get to watch it again (though, actually, I watch it all year round...). ;)
Hello Susie, Krissy & the babies are in my thoughts & prayers. I love your random dozen, like you I don't text either. Take care, hugs
Post a Comment