Later last night, while out blog hopping, I went to visit Kasey over at High Heels in High Places. Don't you know, Kasey mentions the very same book. So now I'm thinking... "Hmm... God are you trying to tell me something?" I proceeded after my visit at Kasey's blog to the website of my local bookstore. I figured that once I finished work I would swing by and grab a copy. The bookstore website said there was one copy left in the store. Off to bed I went, now thinking a little more about the book.
This morning, while walking on the treadmill before getting ready for work, I put on Good Morning America. On this one segment is this family, The Loecken Family who are living on their "Crazy Love in Action" bus while visiting all 50 states, helping out in homeless shelters along the way. This family sold their 4000+ sq ft. home in Atlanta, to put their "crazy love" for God into "crazy love" for others. Again with the Crazy Love thing! By now I'm really thinking, "Okay God... you really want me to get this book don't you?"
After work today I went to the bookstore in search of the book. While searching the shelves for "Crazy Love" I noticed this woman sitting on the floor searching the Bible section. After about 5 minutes I asked her if she was looking for a particular Bible. Next thing I know, she's telling me that she hasn't read much and asking me, what do I read. I told her that I read the NLT version and a study bible. I showed her one like the one I use, The Life Application Bible, and explained that they are great because they help you understand more of what you're reading. She was glad I helped and she took the NLT and found a cushy chair and began reading. I had still not found that one copy in the store so I found a clerk who helped me spot the book. I grabbed my book and off I head for home.
I've started the introduction of "Crazy Love" and I think this book is going to be a challenging one but a really good, life altering one. Francis Chan, on his website, has little video introductions to each chapter. Also, on his site is a video to watch entitled, The Awe Factor of God.
I watched this last night before I went to bed and can I just say, this video truly is awesome. Watching it made me feel so small and made me realize a little more just how BIG and AWESOME our God truly is... and the fact that He loves me is mind-blowing. This video touched me in a way not much has been able to lately and I challenge you to watch it too and see how God speaks to you.
Tomorrow I'll tell you what happened at work but for tonight, I'll leave you with this week's Friday Fill-ins:
1. It was a dark and stormy night, when the tornado blew through Toronto this summer, but we were in North Carolina and missed it all.
2. The library fairy was not available today to return my books so I offered to take the books myself.
3. Rushing out, and off to work makes me a very sad woman. I love being home!
4. Sshhh...I think I heard a howl! Oh nope... just my tummy!
5. Shhhh... you'll wake up hubby... he's gone to bed and I'm still up trying to finish tonight's blog entry.
6. Trick or Treat, Smell my feet... give me something good to eat! Remember shouting that as a kid?
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to watching a movie with hubby, tomorrow my plans include going to look at comfy furniture for our family room downstairs and Sunday, I want to go to church and celebrate our church's 13th anniversary!
Okay... now it's your turn! Join in on the fun if you want. Just follow the link above for this week's Friday Fill-ins!


3 comments:
It's definitely mind-blowing to think about how much God loves us. I don't remember often enough!
I'd love to hear your thoughts on Crazy Love! It sounds like an amazing read.
Have a good weekend!
I have been hearing alot about that book crazy love. I think I need to get it.
HOpe you had a nice night watching movies with your hubby.
yea! my mom got the book because the Loeckens came to my church and i got to be really good friends with their son Ben! they are an AMAZING family and she wanted to know where they got their inspiration from. GOD is awesome isnt he???
Post a Comment